Jan. 1

;D
David Gurley

D-Ferguson

• Old Timer: 500 to 749 posts
  • 865-304-1014 cell
Re: Permits
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »
actually Jan 2nd at the rangers station and you will need to call the welcome center before you go there it might take them a day or two longer
GPAA Member
GPOC member

Chuck Pharis

• Chapter President - Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Almost retired 1500 to 1749 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text!
    • http://www.pharis-video.com
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 06:44:42 PM »
There has been no changes in the 2014 permits. They are exactly the same as the 2013 permits.
If we respect our public lands, we might continue to have recreational prospecting access to the Tellico Ranger District lands.
Please obey the simply rules.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to date) and Chairman Of The Board of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, LDMA[/size]

samcox

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • WISDOM: Entertains many councils aka I need advice
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 07:48:59 AM »
When welcome ctr gets them can you post for all us that are a half tank or bttr away ...Please?
To listen is to LEARN, huh wadya say!

htmagic

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 12:35:18 PM »
Sam,

In another post, Chuck said Jan 2nd at the Tellico Ranger Station and Jan 4th at the Welcome Center.
So if you went out Jan 1, would that be illegal?
But what Rangers would be working on that day anyway?
May the FORCE be with you and have a magical day!

MagicBill

D-Ferguson

• Old Timer: 500 to 749 posts
  • 865-304-1014 cell
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 01:59:28 PM »
it would be illegal and I would say Shawn will make a brief  trip  around to all the regular spots just to check. like I said before it would be best if you want to go out tomorrow ether go to lower coker in polk county or little river area. no permits needed
GPAA Member
GPOC member

daddydave

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 03:37:00 AM »
Planning on going out today - are you sure it would be illegal.  No permits available until the 2nd and have my 2013 permit.  Surely common sense would dictate.  Anyone else comment?  Leaving in a few hours.

Larry Jordan

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 04:30:58 AM »
Going to be at the welcome center at 8:00am to meet Goldtheropy. We are going to Mill Branch and possibily Lower Falls.

daddydave

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 05:06:21 AM »
Have modified my dredge and Tellico is still little too high.  Planning on Doc Rogers - rain tomorrow and colder.  Today is best available day - hate to have it messed up if Ranger is going to pass out citations over an impossible situation.

Elad- PickerChaser

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 09:43:05 AM »
A Shiny 2014 to everyone... Happy New Year... I realize that I am new to this forum and that none of you know me... I do want all of you to know that you are extremely lucky that in your area, being east of the Mississippi River, you do have places to go with state issued permits whether your in a prospecting club or not... Recently on this forum I read a post that said that a lot of future problems that could befall all of you is due to some members in your chapter breaking rules and regulations... That may be true but in reality its all bureaucratic bull feces, and breaking rule and regulations are not helping ... Last week if you wanted to go prospecting on Jan. 1st, 2014 why didn't you find out if you could do so without jeopardizing everyone's privilege to prospect on public lands in the future...  It may well be, not a problem whatsoever, but I reiterate,  why not find out things ahead of time... I have been in the GPAA and the LDMA for a lot of years... I know a lot of things about the club that many of you will never know... I was the go to guy for many years and received free memberships for my efforts... I have had memberships pulled because they couldn't follow rules... I don't do things like that for the club anymore, but, each and every one of you have a responsibility to give good advise to your fellow members... Hopefully by the time I post this, those of you going out today will have found that you aren't breaking any rules and have a good day, find some pickers or lots of face powder... As you have surmised, I am not running  for a popularity contest, but I'm not slamming anyone... Just stay informed and keep on enjoying what you enjoy... Dale
Lifetime W.E.G.M., G.P.A.A., L.D.M.A. since 1995
Rearrange the letters in LISTEN and your SILENT :)

Elad- PickerChaser

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 01:54:10 PM »
Well it seems I went all long winded for nothing... I didn't look and the Chuck had already explained... Chuck>I just talked with the Tellico Ranger and she is not going to change the 2014 Tellico Recreational Prospecting Permit. It worked last year so it will work this year. I was worried that there would be major restrictions because of what the state has banned, but that did not happen in the Tellico Ranger District. We need to be very happy that the Rangers are on our side and let us dredge and pan in the National Forest. Most National Forest areas in the USA do not allow ANY prospecting at all.
The new 2014 permits will be available on Jan 2 at the Tellico Ranger Station and at the Coker Creek Welcome center.
Since the permits are not available on Jan 1st, no prospecting can (legally be done) in the Tellico Ranger District on that day only. Simply use common sense on Jan 1st. The Tellico Ranger office is closed during the holidays, so there is no way to make the permit available early.
No one can prospect in 2014 with a 2013 permit. Everyone must get a new 2014 permit to do any prospecting in the Tellico Ranger District only. Currently there is no permit required to prospect (non motorized) in the rest of Tennessee. Yes, the dredging ban is still on in Tennessee (legal or not) and our Task Force will work on this issue after the Holidays are over. If you plan to pick up your permit at the Coker Creek Welcome center on Jan 2nd, call them first and ask if they are available. 423-261-2266. I will be out of town working so I won't be able to check.

We want to thank all Prospectors for cleaning up after themselves in 2013. The waterways look great with very little or no damage at all!
Chuck Pharis
Lifetime W.E.G.M., G.P.A.A., L.D.M.A. since 1995
Rearrange the letters in LISTEN and your SILENT :)