Author Topic: NRS 14.341 (I have the signed Permit)  (Read 4805 times)

Rich Robinson

• Director of Chapters - GPAA
  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • Tennessee State Director,
NRS 14.341 (I have the signed Permit)
« on: June 12, 2015, 01:10:52 AM »
Hello Everyone,
Here is the news we have all been waiting for. After 7 months we finally have our Individual Permit. I picked it up on June 10, 2015, about an hour after it was signed. I am not going to get into a lot of detail at this point, but I will be posting the basic rules on the forum in the next few days. I am attaching a copy of the permit to this topic. If you have questions, please let me know.
As of June 10, 2015 you can now use class 2 equipment on our Coker Creek Property, you must get a chapter permit in order to class 2 prospect. You must also put the permit number on your dredge in 2" letters as well as your GPAA member number in at least 1" letters.. Please follow the ruls listed in the permit.
Please understand that our club functions as one unit. what one member does affects everyone. Fill your holes!!!! There will be a zero tolerence policy for leaving a mess. You have to leave the area you work as close to the way you found it as possible. Failure to comply with this simple rule will result in a lost of your class 2 priviledges on our Coker Creek property.
Thank you all for your patience. I know this has been a long time coming but we are finally back in the water. Lets not squander what we have worked so hard for.
So have fun, enjoy the property and be responsible.

Richard
Former Tennessee State Director rrobinson1791@gmail.com
615-587-3397

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: NRS 14.341 (I have the signed Permit)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 09:09:57 AM »
You will need to use THIS permit number plus your GPAA membership number on all class 2 prospecting equipment.

NRS 14.341

You will also need a special GPAA sticker to attach to your equipment. Contact Richard Robinson to get it.

There will be a set of rules at our property Sat June 13.
If you have any questions about the new ARAP permit, contact Richard or post your questions here for everyone to read.
Please understand, there is no additional fee for GPAA members to use this permit. Our GPAA Coker Creek chapter paid for it. You just need to be a GPAA member in good standing. Always have your GPAA membership card with you at all times when on our property.
Our thanks go out to Richard for all the hard work he has done on this permit.
Chuck Pharis
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

packerfrank

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 09:54:15 PM »
THANKYOU !!!! Richard for all that you have done for the club. !  Hope to meet you soon !  Do you think we have a reasonable good chance in getting some of the other creeks in C.N.F. opened up to Class 2 ? Sure miss the BIG T river !

Rich Robinson

• Director of Chapters - GPAA
  • Global Moderator
  • Tennessee State Director,
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »
Thank you for the gracious comments. I am committed to the club and to the prospecting community as a whole. I will do all I can to protect our right to prospect in Tennessee. Our Task Force worked very hard for 3 years on this and the efforts of all involved led us to this outcome.
As far as the use of Class 2 equipment in the Cherokee National Forest, I am reasonably it will be prohibited from now on. The USFS is rviewing prospecting in the Eastern US as a whole and plan to establish an interpretation of mining law that will apply throughout. I will keep you updated on the forum. But call your congressmen and senators...

Richard
Former Tennessee State Director rrobinson1791@gmail.com
615-587-3397

mikepayne

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:40:44 AM »
What are the rules on panning now that it is July 1st? Anyone know?

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:52:44 AM »
Mike,
  When the National Forest Supervisor shared these changes with us, there were two elements associated with it.  The First was the New General ARAP permit being released.  This has been delayed.  The second was a determination by the Department of the Interior, Office of General Counsel (OGC) regarding which Law applies to our activities.  We've not heard from this yet.  We are going to try to find out where we officially stand today.  But those who can answer these questions for us may not be available.  Please be patient, we will have this out as soon as we have the information.
  In the mean time, If anyone plans to go out in the National Forest, please check with the local ranger station first to be sure you will not be violating any rules.  Again, this is ONLY in effect in the National Forest and NOT Private or State of Tennessee land.

Chip
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

iammike

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 09:10:20 PM »
How does one contact the chapter to get the chapter permit to dredge?

freddymac58

• Jr. Member: 50 to 99 posts
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 09:16:21 AM »

well there is no one here with them but I belive they my be in store building, so I ck for u, but if not, I can help u here at camp, I am the care taker, an I can help u in this my name is freddymac ok see u when ever u get here ok, tk u for ck an tryin to things the right way we need more like u, so it be better for us all tk u again

iammike

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 07:32:30 PM »
OK thanks FreddyMac,  I don't know when I'll be up that way but I appreciate you answering.   Are you there there at the property on a regular basis?   I look forward to visiting you guys up there and hopefully leave w/a little gold.

Thanks again for you help.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:38:59 PM by iammike »

Titaniumminer

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 11:38:55 AM »
Do you have to fill in the holes. There are holes all over coker creek anyway

Gordon6729Zippo

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 12:16:11 PM »
Read the Permit , It details what is required to use the Coker Creek Property. Hope you find some color.
A little gold is better than no gold

darylt01

• Chapter Treasurer 2017-2018
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 03:09:49 PM »
Titaniumminer,

To answer your question in short, Yes you do. If you download the permit at the top of this thread, you will see in Classification 1 and 2 type of prospecting. Any material removed or moved has to be returned to a like condition before you started, So if you dig a hole, you have to make sure that hole is filled back in, You can not dig into the bank at all, and if you have to dig in the creek, it has to be 1 foot from the bank structure.

I hope that answers your question.

Daryl Thomas
Jimmy Darrell Thomas
Blue Lightning Industries
darylt01@bellsouth.net
615-830-6990

Titaniumminer

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 03:05:30 AM »
Well how am I supposed to make any money like that. Do I have to put the exact same dirt back in. I just want to get lots of gold fast. Is there a trick. To getting say 10 ounces from coker creek really fast. I was just thinking about shortcuts.  I would like to make at least 2000 a month. Is this possible. Thsnks, tom

Prospector Cody

• Board_Of_Directors
    • Tn Prospecting
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 06:59:20 AM »
To be truthful I don't think it is possible. Who knows though, I have only been doing it for about two years. I may not know all the good spots yet. As far as "Short Cuts", That is what will get us banned from all water ways in TN please refrain from the temptations of short cuts. Its not worth it. Hope you find some color. Have a great day.
Cody Frye
GPAA Member
Tnprospecting.com

Titaniumminer

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 09:15:44 AM »
Thanks , I'm trying.

mountainmac

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 10:35:59 PM »
Wife and I are headed that way amd should be there around July 6 or 7.
We have some questions:
Could not find form on website to complete for permit so I sent Chip the information I thought was relevant.
As I understand it, we need the NRS # and our gpaa # affixed to our dredges with 2 inch or higher lettering.
My wife has a 2.5 inch dredge and I have a 4 inch.  I can reduce my dredge down to about a 2.75 inch nozzle with the use of a  nozzle attachment. Is thar acceptable? 
After reading the information, does it mean that only one piece of mechanized equipment can be in the entire creek at one time?  It is confusing since it also states that mechanized equipment must be 200.ft from each other.
What else do we need to be aware of that is not in the downloaded water resource permit?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance
Russ & Sandy
GPAA #140450 Goldlife

DGurley

• GPAA Member
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 07:40:30 AM »
mountainmac  If you are coming to Tennessee the Only place you can dredge is at the GPAA property. And your permit numbers can be put on a hard paper and posted at you dredge site. The state of TN. took away just about everything we had here. If you dredge at the GPAA property go DEEP and good luck.

:D
David Gurley