Author Topic: Pitman Center Road area of the west prong little pigeon river  (Read 2245 times)

tfrazier4954

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
Pitman Center Road area of the west prong little pigeon river
« on: August 30, 2019, 10:09:34 AM »
hey guys in still kinda new to all this..but I live only 30 mins from pitman center rd and have friends who own property there along the little pigeon...can y'all please help a greenhouse and a new guy on how or where to look for gold here? I aint asking for exactly locations..but I've planned and dug so many test pans on this river and am finding TONS of black sand and heavys but no color yet..what am I doing wrong? or where do I need to look for better chances?? I've cleaned out bedrock crevices both under the water and above water where Flood stage would be...I'm just still looking for my FIRST color in my pan as I have yet to find any on a creek...I'd appreciate ANY and ALL help maybe from someone who's been there...and I have access to a lot of private property along the creek if anyone close by wanted to meet up or something on my off days...maybe I'm not up or down the river far enough? I'm just lost really...I've been trying about halfway down pitman center road...sorry to be such a noon everyone...but thank you so much for your time and interest in advance...have a great day

s.knox38

• Jr. Member: 50 to 99 posts
Re: Pitman Center Road area of the west prong little pigeon river
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 07:57:16 AM »
Have you checked with the rangers in this area you cant look anywhere in park area some of the others should chime in soon with better info gotta watch for endangered critters in some creeks.

s.knox38

• Jr. Member: 50 to 99 posts
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 07:58:46 AM »
Im pretty sure spur is a nono

Woodspirit

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 10:30:56 AM »
I have worked the West Prong Little Pigeon River just as it crosses Hwy 321 coming out of the Greenbriar section.
Like yourself, we found lots of black sand but not one speck of gold.

Good luck

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 12:19:53 PM »
I have worked that area years ago. Most spots were difficult to find gold. One spot which had high bedrock about the water line had lots of bore holes. The bore holes had LOTS of lead and some gold.

Al
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748

tfrazier4954

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 12:18:45 PM »
al this is the spot I went too...there is a pull of there and the bedrock with the bore holes is on the other side of the creek...I found about 8-10 colors in maybe 30 pans..but am wanting to get my gold hog stream sluice out there and maybe move more material...I'm far away from the park boundaries and this little pull off spot is a local swimming/fishing hole but I think with the sluice and a good days work a body could probably do decent
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 01:17:16 PM by tfrazier4954 »