Author Topic: Spring Creek  (Read 1392 times)

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
Spring Creek
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »
Spring Creek

Land Status: Public; Cherokee National Forest, Ocoee Ranger District, Polk County, Tennessee

Spring Creek is a tributary of Hiwassee River.

GPS Coordinates: - 35.22375, -84.51314

Access: 
From Maryville area follow 411 South and turn left onto Forest Road 27 (Spring Creek Road) near Reliance (immediately before the Hiwassee River). Follow 27 along the Hiwassee River and after several miles it will break left and leave the river. There are several access points along the road.

Regulations: No Dredging is allowed. Sluicing and panning are allowed without a permit. As with all creeks that empty into the Hiwassee River stay 50 feet away from the river when digging. We don't want to cause problems that shed a bad light on us.

Where and how to find the gold:  I have only tried this location twice and the gold was only a couple of specks the first time and one good flake the second. I have had others tell me of finding some gold here as well so I suspect that it would be worth investigating further. It is a very pretty creek and has good size.

MORE REPORTS NEEDED. If anyone has any additional info on this creek let me know.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:17:30 AM by BigAl »
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748