Author Topic: My Bazooka Gold Trap  (Read 57808 times)

DALEBEC

My Bazooka Gold Trap
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »
A very few seconds of my new sluice running on New Years Eve. intended to get alot more video on New Years day but got rained out :(                http://youtu.be/DeVzKVkQ7CQ

ARC

Re: My Bazooka Gold Trap
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 10:41:50 PM »
The Bazooka Gold Trap I built works great and really catches the gold. I am going to buy the small one for backpacking into remote areas. I like the fact of how you don't need to worry about the angle and can stick it just about anywhere in a creek without having to classify. As long as there is enough water flow to wash the material through and power the jets, really that is all you need on setup.

DALEBEC

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:34:56 PM »
I know was really amazed how easy setup was , and not classifying speaks for its self

Goldtherapy

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 09:26:47 AM »
A very few seconds of my new sluice running on New Years Eve. intended to get alot more video on New Years day but got rained out :(                http://youtu.be/DeVzKVkQ7CQ

Awesome. I'm going to buy one soon myself.

How long did it take you to get yours? Order from the manufacturer?

-Bryan

DALEBEC

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 09:52:14 AM »
It took me 10 days but i ordered it right in the middle of the Christmas shipping season, and yes i ordered it from Todd Osborn, he bought the patent from another guy  a few years ago and made some changes and markets it as Bazooka

Goldtherapy

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 09:58:08 AM »
Thanks. What size is that one? EDIT: I see where you said it was the prospector model.

I'm wanting a mini for backpacking. I'd like to get a larger one eventually.

Take some more video! I like to see them working and then a final clean up.

People have mentioned that this type does not retain fine gold well but I've seen pictures that lead me to believe they work as well as any sluice.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:05:06 AM by Goldtherapy »

DALEBEC

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »
It does for sure, i have never recovered as many heavies as fast as i did with this sluice and the gold i did find on my short trip was very fine micro gold

Goldtherapy

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 05:21:31 PM »
I've been staring at the bazooka gold page for 3-4 days now and finally placed an order for the mini.

Todd said they are almost sold out of the mini size but will have some more ready at the beginning of next week.

I hope to try it out soon!

Bryan

ARC

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 05:25:50 PM »
It does for sure, i have never recovered as many heavies as fast as i did with this sluice and the gold i did find on my short trip was very fine micro gold

Here is some gold that my Bazooka caught in about 1 1/2 hours. You can see alot of micro gold along with some decent flakes and a nice wire.

ARC

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 05:32:08 PM »
I've been staring at the bazooka gold page for 3-4 days now and finally placed an order for the mini.

Todd said they are almost sold out of the mini size but will have some more ready at the beginning of next week.

I hope to try it out soon!

Bryan

You didn't waste any money on your purchase! Once you start using the Bazooka you will be hooked!! LOL 

I only pack my trifold sluice as a backup sluice now. I prefer using my Bazooka because I know what it will catch. Everything! LOL 

Goldtherapy

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 09:13:35 PM »
After it comes in we will have to hit the creek again! I hope to get a better pair of boots as well.

ARC

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 11:33:20 PM »
After it comes in we will have to hit the creek again! I hope to get a better pair of boots as well.

Sure. Once you get the hang of the Bazooka you will enjoy having it in the water. LOL  :)

Try some of the Farmers CO OP's The basic rubber boots there are around 20 bucks and they sale the Muck boots. I have a pair of the Neoprene Muck's Chore boots and they are nice but the price is high. I paid around 80 bucks for them. My feet don't get cold at all and if you fall in and are fairly quick, your feet will not get wet.   

Nc/tn digger

• Jr. Member: 50 to 99 posts
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »
I ordered mine on the 17th of dec and still haven't received it. I've talked to todd twice and he said he had shipped out a couple big shipments but couldn't tell me if mine was on its way our not . . He didn't call me back but I'm hopeing it was sent out on Monday tho this would be the second time he said it would ship out if it  hadn't already when we talked.

DALEBEC

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 09:59:45 PM »
Wow, that stinks I think he is having trouble meeting the demands, they hand build each one

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 11:18:59 PM »
Honestly What i think happened was they lost my order . Cause he told me on the 31st everything that was ordered  the 16th thru the 26th had been shipped out. Got email today said it will be here on the 18th better late then never. Just sucks waiting so long, like when i ordered my A52 it was a month before it showed up. Good thing is 18th is my next day off work

ARC

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 10:28:44 AM »
That is bad. A whole month waiting for a sluice to arrive! Did they have to melt down each individual recycled can to build the sluice?  I thought nearly 2 weeks was bad from all the way out on the West Coast. I guess I was wrong.

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 04:46:48 PM »
I guess its just my luck with prospecting gear. Now i just hope it does arrive by the 18th see how it goes, have u did any mods to urs , i seen were astro on youtube added a few things to his to adjust the size of material going in the trap.

DALEBEC

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 11:44:36 PM »
I have not on mine, havent seen a need to yet

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »
The only thing he had done to his which made since was put a mesh on bottom of box so leaves don't get in the tubes of the gold trap and plug them which makes since if there's alot of debris in the creek other then that didn't seem needed.

andy taylor

• Old Timer: 500 to 749 posts
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 02:22:17 PM »
how much is cost with shipping
if'n i had my druthers i'd druther be huntin' purdy yeller rocks.

DALEBEC

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »
Andy i will check my invoice but i think it was $222 shipping and all

Goldtherapy

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »
Dale do you have any more videos of your sluice in action yet?

I'm itching to get mine and I just got confirmation via pay pal that my mini bazooka has shipped.

Order date: Jan 3, 13
Ship date: Jan 16, 13

Method: Parcel post!

Seems like $18 for shipping could get it to me faster via priority mail (3 days vs. parcel post up to 9 days) and still cost much less than what I paid for shipping. Trying to save a buck?

Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about a flood sweeping it away from me this weekend!

Lets see how long it takes this package to get to middle TN.

-Bryan

DALEBEC

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 06:54:26 PM »
I do have some but have not had time to put it together yet

DALEBEC

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 07:20:27 PM »
 Ok, here is an unedited clip right before i found that nugget last week       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbMdeuSWPMwunedited

DALEBEC

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 07:28:38 PM »
 And another short one showing the nugget    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2ik0jYZSS8

DALEBEC

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 07:34:49 PM »
Yeah, he can be a little slow, but trust me you wont be disappointed that sluice is awesome in my opinion. It is very forgiving on the setup, that can be nice when there is not a great place to set it up. I will be making me an adjustable stand for mine in the future so i can just drop it anywhere and run.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:36:45 PM by DALEBEC »

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 09:32:35 PM »
That sounds about right what my total was, should be here in two days, hopeing to get it out in the water by monday  ill let ya know.

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 09:35:36 PM »
nice videos, keep them coming

Goldtherapy

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 12:42:42 AM »
I do have some but have not had time to put it together yet

Dale thanks for uploading the videos! It's awesome how that sluice can zip through the material.

i ordered the prospector on 1/12/13. talked to todd today and he has no idea when it will ship. he said maybe late next week or later. i expected that to happen just from reading this forum. the cost was 195.00 + 22.00 shipping to the chattanooga area.

Nice buy! If that is your first sluice then great choice, they seem to work well.

I hope to meet everyone out on the creek one day and we can have a bazooka sluice rally.

-Bryan

D-Ferguson

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • 865-304-1014 cell
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 09:40:33 AM »
just watch where you point those things. never know when one might miss fire
GPAA Member
GPOC member
WEGM member

ibethebig1

• 423 Gold Panning Club
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 10:41:33 AM »
lol, I am thinking about trying this thing out, or making one...who knows
Justin Matthews
GPAA MEMBER # 2844744
"Someone call the Doctor...I got Gold Fever!!"

DALEBEC

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »
Hey D I have had a miss fire or two, oppps you were talking about the Bazooka weren't you? Sorry

andy taylor

• Old Timer: 500 to 749 posts
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 12:59:47 PM »
makes me wonder if i want one or not.took me 18 years to pay for the last misfire i had.
if'n i had my druthers i'd druther be huntin' purdy yeller rocks.

DALEBEC

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 04:40:56 PM »
I know i am still paying for 1 of them

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 09:41:07 PM »
Sounds good, this is my third sluice i have a A52, and a grizzly 3. The grizzly is great doesn't miss any gold, ill even run the cons from the A52 thru it When i get home from creek because all thats let after clean up is black sand and gold. But its slow and hard on the back, but also its great for sniping areas and when there very little water.

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
Well it didn't show up today, 33 days and counting looks like im not going to have for this weekend. And Mondays a hoilday so another week disappointed.

Goldtherapy

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 06:49:37 PM »
Well it didn't show up today, 33 days and counting looks like im not going to have for this weekend. And Mondays a hoilday so another week disappointed.

Bummer dude! I'm still waiting as well. I'd be bombarding Todd with emails and phone calls if I had to wait that long.
Did you get a tracking number and confirmation yet?? I ordered Jan 3 and got an email on the 16th saying it has shipped so you should have as well I would think.

On a side note: nice line up of sluices you have. I like the looks of the grizzly 3 and know a few areas where there is good gold but no running water so that would be a really handy sluice to have.

-Bryan

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 07:38:57 PM »
Thanks i like the grizzly its just hard on the back and little slow , about 1 five gallon bucket per every 2 buckets thru the A52. I called todd abunch never did get a clear answer , and i did get a tracking number sent to me but didnt get it till the 11th been checking every day and first update to them picking it up was today saying its in Atlanta but the expected day was today, Mondays a holiday so looking like Tuesday if in lucky. Ive always had bad luck with ordered prospecting equipment, A52 was on back order for over a month. But at lease they called and told me that day that it was. Just the way it goes i guess hope u have better .

Goldtherapy

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »
You might get it tomorrow then?
I'm really laid back but after 33 days we are going to have a come to Jesus talk.
It's hard to believe he charges so much for shipping and chooses the worst possible method. The difference between express mail and parcel post for 3lb box (mini bazooka) is around $2 and shipping time is 3 days vs 9 days.

I'll be sure to review the sluice including customer service on my next video. Not to bad mouth anyone because I am fair but I call it like I see it.

DALEBEC

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »
I know the feeling i thought it was just because i ordered mine during the Christmas rush, but i always have the same problem with USPS

Goldtherapy

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 11:08:18 PM »
when i talked to todd the other day he told me they had been hit hard by the flu and then christmas at the same time. so take it for what it's worth, could just be a bunch of excuses. i don't think he was prepared for such a demand for product once the word got around.

Maybe so. It's a lot easier to make a good product than run a business. I just hope we all get our sluices soon so we can quit worrying about it and start using it.

-Bryan

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2013, 02:04:42 AM »
I can understand geting behind, but every time i called he would never tell me when it would ship , and im talking about this year not last year when i ordered it. I know its got to be hard running the whole thing but  this kinda stuff gets old after awhile, i order two other things same day also coming from CA got a email mins later saying might be a delay on order , but it got here two weeks ago. Just gets old.

helix149

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2013, 07:44:56 PM »
I see exactly where you are coming from. I have decided I want one but am holding off until I can get a used one or buy local more than likely since I cannot see purchasing one and waiting a month or more for it to come in.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:37:41 AM by helix149 »

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2013, 09:58:44 PM »
Well it actually showed up today. Post office up dates were wrong, but it showed up thats all that matters.

Goldtherapy

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2013, 10:55:23 PM »
Well it actually showed up today. Post office up dates were wrong, but it showed up thats all that matters.

Awesome! I bet you will not let it out of your sight after all that trouble. At least you have the opportunity to use it on this long weekend.

-Bryan

DALEBEC

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »

Let us know what you think i am sure you will be surprised how well it works, i sure was

helix149

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2013, 12:39:28 AM »
Yes definitely let us know how it works maybe even get some video of it in action and your first clean out if you can inquiring minds want to know if it was worth the wait.

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2013, 01:49:51 PM »
Will do. Took it out yesturday, i know there was no gold in the material i was puting in it just wanted to see it work. Very impressed so far hiting it tomm ill let u know how it goes.

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »
Took it out today, and i love it, second scoop had gold stopped on the slick par plat. This being my first time using it and because i had to set it up away from the spot i was working to get good water flow. I was able to run a full bucket in a matter of mins. Best sluice I've ever used by far, ill post pics once i get finished with the clean up.

DALEBEC

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 09:11:21 PM »
Awesome

helix149

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 09:51:59 PM »
That is great man. I finished a home build fluid bed similar to the zook last night and threw a light coat of paint on the wood today to seal it temporarily so I can test it. Hopefully I can get out wed before family comes in from out of town for the weekend
and give it a shot.

ibethebig1

• 423 Gold Panning Club
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »
Wonder if the Bazooka would be good on a dredge?
Justin Matthews
GPAA MEMBER # 2844744

DALEBEC

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »
I suppose it could happen, but since you need water going into the fluid chamber separate from the water that washes the material down you would have to make some sort of divider to separate the inflow

ibethebig1

• 423 Gold Panning Club
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2013, 11:04:25 AM »
Ya, Looks like a cool tool, I will hopefully have me a dredge soon :) Come on uncle sam, where is my money!!!
Justin Matthews
GPAA MEMBER # 2844744

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2013, 02:17:03 PM »
There a video on you tube one guy set up a miner bazooka up as a dredge. Not sure the link just remember watching it. The first designed versions back in the 70's were for a dredge design.

Goldtherapy

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2013, 02:50:29 PM »
There a video on you tube one guy set up a miner bazooka up as a dredge. Not sure the link just remember watching it. The first designed versions back in the 70's were for a dredge design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEG9LgRi41o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ocxCTzdTSs

I'm not so sure if the original dredge design was this or a huge tube that actually resembled a bazooka, and you held this big tube and dredged with it.

I think it might be easier to set it up as a highbanker.

Here are examples, neither one have enough water flow it seems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EPKe9SzWL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AIOV_q03ZE

I can try it on the mini if I ever get it.

-Bryan

DALEBEC

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2013, 07:42:07 PM »
Yeah, not NEAR enough water flow in my opinion but who knows as long as it washes the heavy's down and there is some pressure in the fluid box might work

Tn Guy

• MercuryBoarder
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
well it looks like im not going to get a Bazooka.....  if the idiot cant even return a phone call to MAKE an order im afraid of how the "after sale" will be :(   i originally called him to see what the turn around time was on getting one, i didnt get an answer so i hung up about 3 hours latter the phone rang it was Tod, and he said about 2 weeks i said ok il call you back when i get off the road and make an order well over the last week i left 3 voice mails and sent 2 messages through his web site and have gotten ZIP back in reply... not a good way to run a business if you ask me. if you are too busy making sluices you cant call somebody than buisness sounds good and you need to hire somebody to answer the phones for you.....   so im on the hunt for a different brand of fluid bed sluice...... 

Goldtherapy

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »
well it looks like im not going to get a Bazooka.....  if the idiot cant even return a phone call to MAKE an order im afraid of how the "after sale" will be :(   i originally called him to see what the turn around time was on getting one, i didnt get an answer so i hung up about 3 hours latter the phone rang it was Tod, and he said about 2 weeks i said ok il call you back when i get off the road and make an order well over the last week i left 3 voice mails and sent 2 messages through his web site and have gotten ZIP back in reply... not a good way to run a business if you ask me. if you are too busy making sluices you cant call somebody than buisness sounds good and you need to hire somebody to answer the phones for you.....   so im on the hunt for a different brand of fluid bed sluice......

Yeah customer service is bad. I'm not sure if there is another brand of fluid bed sluice? You could make one.

Good news is he doesn't accept phone orders, even though the website says that. You have to pay via credit card or through pay pal. (that was straight from the horses mouth when I called to order)

Despite all the complaints you see the last guy that got one, complaining having to wait so long (very understandable) and now he is praising the sluice. So weigh your options. I've been waiting 3 weeks tomorrow and USPS says it's in my state to be delivered the 25th. .

Any similar orders I have placed through small prospecting suppliers have taken up to 2-3 weeks as well (angus mackirk for example).

Hope that helps,

Bryan

Woodspirit

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2013, 12:56:12 PM »
Give Brian a call....he carries the Bazooka sluice, or he did at one time.
Brian has a store in Charlotte, NC

http://goldrushguys.com/store/prospecting-supplies/sluices/

DALEBEC

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »

Sorry you have had so much trouble, it is a really good sluice, but there does seem to be an issue with getting them.

Tn Guy

• MercuryBoarder
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »
Give Brian a call....he carries the Bazooka sluice, or he did at one time.
Brian has a store in Charlotte, NC

http://goldrushguys.com/store/prospecting-supplies/sluices/

talked to brian already (thats where i buy all my stuff from he is good and fast)  he dont have the one i want and he is still waiting for he order to come in... :(

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2013, 01:52:32 PM »
As the other guys said costumer service is lacking, it took 34 days for me to get mine and i made alot of phone calls which left me feeling not to confident in the product. But after getting that sluice out in the water tithe wait was worth it. Couldnt be happier with the sluice and this is my third different style of sluice Box. The waiting is the worse part. But u will be happy once u get it.

Tn Guy

• MercuryBoarder
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
ok so i grumbled and griped about no phone calls and left a message for Tod saying this was my last attempt to buy from him,,,, well 7 hours latter he calls back...  so after some hesitation i ordered it from him .... now its a wait and see game,  he said he has some already made up SO it shouldnt be too long for it to get here ......i hope LOL 

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 07:01:08 PM »
I glad to hear yours is on the way, and I hope TN Guys doesnt take to long to ship out. Im sure you will both be happy with it. it works great and does get the small stuff. Im in the middle of doing school work before I go back to work tomm, but ill post pics and video when i finish the clean up and get a min of free time from school work.

Tn Guy

• MercuryBoarder
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
ive used a prospector size bazooka before and its a good sluice thats why i decide to get one. i ordered the super mini because most of the places i go there is not a lot of water flow and having used the prospector in slower water i found out you have to classify it down some and feed it slower but thats ok too :) the one i got will be used for putting it in a backpack and sneaking into Chucks back yard for the good gold :)  but dont tell him :)

DALEBEC

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 07:18:34 PM »
Yeah i sent him a e-mail a couple of weeks ago telling him that i knew once everyone saw mine work they would want one and that i knew several had ordered one and he hasnt responded to me either

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 09:25:37 PM »
Let us know how chuck back yard is!

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2013, 08:03:20 AM »
If you do sneak into my back yard, the gold is about 9 feet deep in a quartz vein. It runs under my ponds and house. You will need to drain or flume the ponds, and move the house. Please put the house back when you are done and re-fill the ponds. Save the bass and put them back when you are done.
Sorry there is no outdoor toilet of shower here. Come prepared.
By the way, the gold is everywhere but it is very fine. Bring your larger stamp mill with you.   
Thanks,
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Tn Guy

• MercuryBoarder
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 10:09:37 AM »
Chuck, with no outdoor bathroom please leave one your boots on the front porch, i think i can handle the rest :)

Goldtherapy

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2013, 05:47:18 PM »
My Bazooka Mini arrived!! Took 3 weeks exactly. Looks good.

I hope to try it out this weekend, and post a video.

-Bryan

Tn Guy

• MercuryBoarder
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2013, 07:53:29 PM »

-Bryan

i ordered the super mini i wanted just a little more slick plate and a wider mouth to catch more water so i can use it in slower water conditions :)

Goldtherapy

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2013, 08:57:17 PM »

-Bryan

i ordered the super mini i wanted just a little more slick plate and a wider mouth to catch more water so i can use it in slower water conditions :)

Awesome. I like the looks of this little sluice so far. I hope to try it out on Saturday.

DALEBEC

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »
You all are making me jealous, i cant seem to get away been working every weekend, seems MY PROSPECTING JOB HAS A "WORK HABIT"

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2013, 07:52:41 AM »
Well here is Mondays clean up of the bazooka, it did a real good job catching the fines.

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2013, 07:54:28 AM »
and another look, sorry for two postings couldnt get both pics to load

Jcbdc

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2013, 08:21:55 AM »
Good job, I think I want one!
Golden Years = When you spend all your Gold to stay alive!

I always wanted to be a swinger
Now I R one.  Whites Coinmaster Pro

Goldtherapy

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2013, 09:09:49 AM »
Very nice!

Did you notice a big difference in your Bazooka sluice compared to your other ones?

-Bryan

DALEBEC

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2013, 09:22:04 AM »
Nice, Where were you working digger

Tn Guy

• MercuryBoarder
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »
Nice, Where were you working digger

in the water!!!!  LOL :) :) :)   i couldnt resist :)

DALEBEC

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2013, 10:10:30 AM »
Always the comedian, lol

Tn Guy

• MercuryBoarder
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »
Always the comedian, lol

i think you meant a "smart azz" :)  :)

DALEBEC

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:29 AM »
Well, if the shoe fits, just kidding gotta have a little fun now and then, cabin fever is getting to me

Tn Guy

• MercuryBoarder
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »
im iced in this morning :( about 1/8 inch on everything, i cant even get out my gravel driveway without 4 wheel drive :(  and not its raining hard and going to turn to snow they say :(

DALEBEC

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »
Yep, had some ice here this morning and a little snow, work and weather are really cramping my style, i have been feeding my fever with you tube videos and shaking my can of black sands and staring at my vials of gold, its getting really bad

ibethebig1

• 423 Gold Panning Club
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2013, 11:33:15 AM »
Its going to be in the 50's this weekend in Coker :O) I am thinking about getting out there
Justin Matthews
GPAA MEMBER # 2844744

DALEBEC

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
I would be there for sure, but have to work  :(

Goldtherapy

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2013, 11:50:56 AM »
I'll be there tomorrow but will have to stay on easy access locations. My girlfriend wants to see what all the hype is about..

My computer has exhausted YouTube. Hopefully gold rush tonight will calm the fever until I can get to Coker tomorrow!

-Bryan

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2013, 03:05:45 PM »
Very nice!

Did you notice a big difference in your Bazooka sluice compared to your other ones?

-Bryan
The big thing was how fast i was able to go thru the material. It took longer to get the material then to run it in the bazooka. and  another thing once i got in the truck at the end of the day no back pain like i would have been if i had used my grizzly sluice. Was on Coker C.

Woodspirit

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2013, 03:10:27 PM »
Bryan,

I hope you both have a good time tomorrow. But mostly for your sake, I hope your GF catches the fever.  Haha

Post us a report.

Jcbdc

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »
Nc/Tn Digger, if everyone gets a sluice like that it will kill our business! ;)
Glad you like the sluice, which one did you get?  I was thinking about the middle size.
Jcbdc
Back Doctor to the prospectors!
Golden Years = When you spend all your Gold to stay alive!

I always wanted to be a swinger
Now I R one.  Whites Coinmaster Pro

DALEBEC

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2013, 05:25:48 PM »
I have the Prospector model

Goldtherapy

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »
The big thing was how fast i was able to go thru the material. It took longer to get the material then to run it in the bazooka. and  another thing once i got in the truck at the end of the day no back pain like i would have been if i had used my grizzly sluice. Was on Coker C.

That's great. Prospecting will wear you out and cause you to wake up with new pains!
I've been comparing the mini to my AM sluice. The mini is smaller and I'm sure it will process 3-4x as much material.

Bryan,

I hope you both have a good time tomorrow. But mostly for your sake, I hope your GF catches the fever.  Haha

Post us a report.

Thanks Woodspirit! It could be both a good and bad thing if she gets the fever too!

I'll be sure to shoot plenty of video and post it here. I already have some video of our daughter running around the house with my new sluice. She's only 16 months old. When I ask if she wants to go prospecting she is adamant in telling me NO!

-Bryan

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2013, 01:59:37 PM »
Nc/Tn Digger, if everyone gets a sluice like that it will kill our business! ;)
Glad you like the sluice, which one did you get?  I was thinking about the middle size.
Jcbdc
Back Doctor to the prospectors!

I got the prospector size. For me when I get the chance to go hit the water im there all day so the prospector was the one for me, I still have my grizzly sluice which works great and a plus when theres little to almost no water. Getting hammered at work and school right now so hopeing to get back out there wensday or thursday , dont know if ill be back down around CC area or hitting LR been awhile since I've been there.

Goldtherapy

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »
Awesome day yesterday. Sadly not much gold. Been struggling on the last few trips.

The creek I was in has been hit hard by dredging and it's supposed to be illegal to dredge there.

I think the locals have tipped off the rangers to this and call them when they see someone out there. I say that because a ranger pulled into the parking area as I was pulling out. He turned around and followed me out.

I hope the people doing this get caught. More areas we will be banned from, thanks to the ones thinking they can get rich by sucking up half the creek that has been off limits to dredging.

Anyways the mini sluice works great! I probably sampled 14 - 2 gallon buckets from various locations all along the creek and ended up running 10 or more from one location.

The Mini is a hoss! It's smaller than my AM Adventurer and can process 4x the material easily. Crazy!

I'd like to try out the prospector model if any of you don't mind me joining sometime?

Here is a short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H74lSnR_oQ

-Bryan

DALEBEC

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2013, 06:57:07 PM »
I would be more than happy to share let me know you will be amazed how much material it can process

Goldtherapy

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2013, 07:27:11 PM »
I would be more than happy to share let me know you will be amazed how much material it can process

Thanks Dale! I bet it's fast after seeing the mini in action.

I'm very pleased with mine. If anyone is wondering I tested mine all day long with #8 lead shot. 3 round and 2 smashed flat with a hammer and added to the 2 gallon buckets. The first few I panned out to see how it did then stopped. After panning out the cons at home I found all 40 lead shot I had peppered in various setups and buckets of material, some less than idea setups included.

It's a winner for sure. Some of the smallest gold I have captured as well.

-Bryan

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2013, 07:28:58 AM »
That's good to hear. I have a prospector model. And it can move the material fast. I have a video that i ran a t gallon bucket in under 2 1/2 mins. I was feeding it with scoop, but u can tell in the video i could have put it thru faster. Once iget a chance ill post the video.

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2013, 02:53:02 PM »
Nice video, I finaly got a chance to watch it, after seeing it I know you understand what I ment about going thru a bucket quick. god knows its nice to be able to run a bucket within mins and be back in the hole. Keep the videos coming

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2013, 06:44:48 PM »
It would be nice to have a Gold Trap unit at one of our meetings for a demo. Just contact me and I will set up the date and time.
I plan to have more equipment demos at our meetings this year.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]