Author Topic: April Outing  (Read 34765 times)

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
April Outing
« on: March 27, 2013, 09:35:18 PM »
Updated 4-19-13:

As I mentioned at the last meeting, we will be having an outing on the weekend of April 26-28.

It will be in North Carolina on private property in the Marion (McDowell County) area. Just look for exit 86 on I-40 and you will be close. This is not a "pay to play" location but is private and does have some cost associated with it. Below is the rate schedule. I need to know how many are interested as soon as possible. We could start arriving at noon on Friday and would have to leave by 2:00 on Sunday.

Camping: $10 / site per night. A site is a tent or camper. There are no hookups and anything larger than a small camper will not fit. More than 3 people to a site will count a 2 sites)
Panning, sluicing, metal detecting: $7 per day.
Dredging up to 3": $17 per dredge per day.
Dredging 4": $22 per dredge per day.
Dredging 5": $25 per dredge per day.
Highbanking: $35 per day running stockpiled material. He has one to rent with advance notice.

Kids 12 and under are no charge for prospecting but count toward the number per campsite. There are also a couple of feeder branches that will be available for panning and sluicing.

Also I need everyone to include your name in your post (if you haven't already), and the number of adults and children in your party.

This is a very nice property and has not been "worked over". It has a history of mining in the 1800s and later, and some workings are still in evidence. I have been there a couple of times myself and can vouch for gold being there. Also Corundum can be found there.

Q & A:
Can I pay with plastic or write you check? NO!!! Cash only.
Do I pay all up front or do I pay for each day? All up front. I will be collecting the money personally. If you have to leave earlier than planned let me know. See below.
I paid for all day but I need to leave now. Can I get a refund? I will refund in the event that someone has to leave earlier than planned.
Can you make change for a 100.00 dollar bill? I will have some change, but please try to have smaller bills to make it easier on me.
I did not find any gold. Can I get some of my money back? No. The fee is for access to the property. There is gold, but finding it is your responsibility.
Oh, it's not my dredge....I'm just borrowing his dredge...He paid for using the dredge. The fee is for the dredge. If two want to work it that is okay too, but if they are panning they will be subject to the daily panning fee.
I ran over a nail and now I have a flat tire. Who's going to pay for a new tire? Any damage to your equipment is your responsibility. The fee is only for the right to access the property and mine for gold.
He is in my hole. I just left to eat lunch and when I returned he was working my hole.  If you are dredging and leave, simply leave your hose in your hole. If you are panning or sluicing leave your shovel and that is your spot.
etc. etc, etc. I will go over the rules at the location before everyone gets started. It's all common sense stuff.
Will we need to sign a waiver? Yes. Everybody will sign a waiver.

Also please remember to reply to this thread if you are going. I am not posting directions. This will be done by pm or e-mail. If you don't have internet access please call me as I said at the last meeting (or catch me at the April meeting).

This should be a great outing for everybody. Please remember that this is private property and everybody needs to respect the owner and his property. He will be around for the weekend checking us out (and probably panning and dredging too). He is very nice and very knowledgeable about the history of his property. It looks like the turn out is going to be great for this one.

So there it is. Let me know if you are interested.

Al
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:38:24 PM by BigAl »
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748

Weldin it

Re: April Outing
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 09:12:27 AM »
I have to get whatever photos my Father-in-law took still. Here are a few of our camp.

Right back there at the tree line was the main creek.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:15:01 AM by Weldin it »

Weldin it

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 12:22:29 PM »
FIL just came by so here are a few more shots.

Me digging around

I tried but I could not find the handle  ???

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 09:03:31 PM »
Thanks to everyone for making this outing a success. I received this message from the property owner today.

Allen:  Would like to commend you for the group that came over, very nice people and they respected the property and cleaned up after themselves.

Regards,
Richard
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748