Author Topic: metal detectors  (Read 2734 times)

kittyyang

metal detectors
« on: June 27, 2013, 03:15:38 AM »
As there are various types of metal detectors sold in the market, it is really a little difficult to decide which one to choose. However, I personally like the waterproof metal detectors very much in that they can be used in ordinary occasions for metal detecting  and also used at beach. It occupies the common functions of most other metal detectors, so i think it is a good choice if you are looking for a metal detector.

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: metal detectors
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 01:23:25 PM »
I have 3 Minelab Detectors. Whites and others are great but I am just used to Minelab. I have a CTX-3030, a Excalb II, and a GP-4000. All are good for different types of detecting. I use my 3030 and Excalb-II the most. I bought the GP-4000 for gold nugget detecting in the West. The 4000 is not the best for relic hunting. The best all round detector is the 3030 but too expensive. I have heard great reports on the Fisher Gold Bug Pro. Both the 3030 and the EX-II are water proof.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Bones

Re: metal detectors
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 02:38:05 PM »
I use a tesoro Tiger Shark which is waterproof. I don't use it much at all but it works very wellon land and in the water. I used it mostly in swimming holes. I made my decision on buying this brand for the simple reason of warranty. I knew I wasn't going to be out detecting all the time and that it would spend most of it's life in the closet. I didn't want to invest several hundred dollars and have a detector to go bad in the closet. Tesoro offers a LIFETIME warranty on all their machines. That sold me! I also own a Lobo Super Trac that keeps it company in the closet......LOL. If you think you might detect like me or that you might detect enough to wear a machine out, either way you won't beat a lifetime warranty. Hope you enjoy my rambling on.
Darrell