Author Topic: Coker Creek  (Read 2827 times)

izonhorizon

Coker Creek
« on: July 14, 2013, 11:31:47 AM »
Well, we all made it safely into Coker Creek up to the Coco Belle Lodge yesterday altho now have a check engine light on in the jeep but I'll save them complaints for another time.  The woman at the visitors ctr where I stopped on way in for a permit told me to drive down the road up behind their bldg., park and walk down to the river that way.  So may start there today. Do have some maps but not real positive where everything is at this time. So, its a black jeep Cherokee, with NH plates 1-ROGUE, if you see it feel free to stop and at least say hi and if youre feeling generous maybe point us in the right direction. 
May all your pans come up yellow!
Tracie

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Coker Creek
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
The part of Coker Creek behind the welcome center is the Doc Rogers area. There is gold along the mile long stretch of the creek. Look on top of the clay layers and dig down to the bedrock. I was by there today and the water is coming down from the last rains. Sorry I missed you.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Rob Johnson

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • Owner: Dredgeheadz
    • Dredgeheadz!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:23:51 AM »
if your Jeep has the digital odometer you can get the code easily.  Works for any Dodge or Chrysler as well.  Turn the key on off on off on fairly quickly.  The digital odometer will then show you a 4 digit number preceded with a 'p.'  It may show multiple codes.  Just search the net for the meaning of the code(s).

izonhorizon

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 07:16:29 AM »
Thank  you so much for the replies, and Chuck Pharis, you met some of my family down at the ctr. wished I had been along with them at the time and have taken a couple of them out to pan but they all said that you were super helpful! and knowledgeable!!!! Did try the area along Tellico River, 68 N to 165 I believe it was but being that had some newbies along we didn't venture very far from 1 area . No real luck,few flakes in the first pan right off the top. Will try back out to the Doc Rogers area being that had fairly good results the first day.
Rob Johnson, I will look to see if that works for the jeep, I did put more coolant in it (was just barely below the add) and that seems to have fixed it. Being this far from home and a check engine light comes on is a bit stressful. Just what I needed after the speeding ticket in Virginia as I roll my eyes. hahahahahaa.

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:46:55 AM »
Sorry I missed you. I was giving panning lessons outside Bills Pit Stop and we had a great time. We all wish you the best of luck and may you see some Tennessee gold in your pans very soon. We hope all of you can make our chapter meeting this Sat at 10 am.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]