Author Topic: sad to hear  (Read 5747 times)

mer7832

sad to hear
« on: July 15, 2013, 12:49:23 AM »
i hate that this is going to be my first post on your great forum but after reading what your state is trying to do to you i just couldnt believe that tenn. would let a bunch of tree huggers get in the way of such a good wholesome activity as prospecting with family and friends. for the past couple weeks i had been looking to buy a piece of property in your area so me and my two lil boys could come down and camp and pan for a couple days. especially since where i live is the only state that doesnt have any gold out of all 50 states (kentucky). after i read the forum on the recreational prospecting permits and what they are trying to do, im gunna have to rethink this and look more into the carolinas or unfortunately georgia maybe. it would have been nice to find a place in tn. since its only a 4 hour trip instead of 6 or 8 to the carolinas. i wish you all the very best of luck in fighting off the tyrrants and gaining control back and putting control back where it belongs, in the hands of the people.
good luck,
Roger

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: sad to hear
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 12:08:50 PM »
Thanks for posting your thoughts. This is an uphill battle. Maybe if Tennessee loses money from people not moving here and not spending their money while prospecting the state will lighten up a bit. Right now we are waiting to see what rules the state will post on prospecting. We expect them any time now.
Good luck,
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:48:52 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts and welcome to the forum. We are all hoping that it won't be as bad as it could be, but we won't know until something has been issued. Several of us have put in a lot of time working on this issue and have a lot of interest in it. Regardless of what happens in the short term it's a long way from over in either direction.

Al
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748

nx4cnx4c

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
KY gold.....Just seen a Gold Fever and Tom Massie was at Pine Knob, KY were his dad was raised.  Tom said his dad told him that he had found some gold around Pine Knob.  Tom got in the creek that runs by the cafe and play house He dug back in a bank below a big rock and found 1 tiny, wee, little piece that could hardly be seen.(You know the kind I find all the time) then he got out in the center of the creek and pulled up some grass that was growing in the water and pulled the dirt off the roots and panned that.  There was 3 good specs of color in it.  There is a little gold in KY if you can believe the show.  At the beginning of the show he said there are only 2 states that have never had a mining operation in them, KY and HI.  Tom said he found a little color in HI also.

ark

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »
 I have seen some nice gold that was said to come out of Boone  county i think. Had a picture but having trouble finding right now.

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 07:15:34 PM »
A lot of the gold north of KY is glacial drift gold. That gold came from Canada during the past ice ages.
There is gold in all 50 states. Some states do not have load gold.
Here is a short article from the internet:

What is glacial drift? A simple definition is that "glacial drift" refers to all rock material in transport by glacial ice, and all deposits predominantly of glacial origin or in bodies of glacial melt water. Glacial drift occurs mainly in two forms: as till (rocks mixed with finer material), and as outwash (fine material with no rocks). Now that we know what glacial drift means, what does it have to do with gold prospecting in the Midwest and Northeastern USA? Previously, these areas were not known to be hot spots for gold, but GPAA members (Gold Prospectors Association of America) report that they have been recovering gold here? not only fine and flake gold, but nuggets as well!

How did the gold get there? During the ice ages, the glaciers acted like giant bulldozers pushing enormous amounts of rocks and gold-bearing gravels down from Canada. Many states were completely covered by glaciers at one point in time and were left with moraine (gravel) deposits. By researching state or regional glaciation books (check with college geology departments or state geological surveys), prospectors can better determine the locations of moraine deposits such as local gravel pits.

Keep in mind that the best gold prospecting potential does not exist at the moraine deposit itself because gold will not be concentrated here. Instead, try rapidly flowing streams and rivers that cut through or drain moraine deposits or the moraine terminus. The natural flooding of these drainages will concentrate the heavier materials (such as black sand and gold) into pay streaks or layers. These layers are generally not on the surface. GPAA members have reported having to reach depths of 18 inches or more to recover some color. Slow meandering meadow streams may contain gold, but it will generally be much deeper.
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

sysbee

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 07:47:30 PM »
There's  gold up there in ky go digging at my old house my kids always threw my cons in the garden growing up lol. Maybe by now they grew into nuggets
Dredgers like it deep

GoldFever2013

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 12:24:12 PM »
Yes, this is aweful. The States and Government should be encouraging hobbies like metal detecting and Gold Panning for adult and especially kids instead of them just killing time in front of their Ipad's, Computers, Texting and other social media BS. They want a healthy America but don't want to encourage kids with outdoor activities or hobbies. They should be pushing for these hobbies, not trying to hold them back ! Ed W.