Author Topic: Posting pictures  (Read 3085 times)

Bones

Posting pictures
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:49:52 PM »
Can someone explain to me how I resize pictures so I can post them?

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Posting pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:20:19 AM »
I use Photoshop but any photo editing program will work. Some are free to download from the internet.
You need to find the "size" topic in your photo program. It will take a little work to see what size you need to post on this site, Face Book or email. I use these sizes when I post photos:
Our forum 1 meg.
Facebook 1.5 meg.
Emails 5 meg.
It will take some time to get the sizes right. In any photo editing program you will want to re-size (crop) your photos before you re-size them. You can do that by looking for the "size" topic and using your mouse to set a box over that part of the photo you want to keep. After I get the photo the way I want it I save it in a file. I re-name it for instance GPAA-1meeting-small.jpg. That would be for a 1 meg size photo.
Good luck, it will take some time to get used to editing photos.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Woodspirit

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 09:52:27 AM »
This software is rather easy to use.

http://pixlr.com/editor/

Tn Guy

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 02:13:02 PM »
look on your computer for " microsoft office picture manager" i have that and its simple to use... even Chuck could use it  8)

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 04:41:18 PM »
Bones, if you have some photos to post on the forum, send me the topic you want them in the text and the photos. If they are large send one per email. I will gladly down size them for you and make the post.
Now that I know how to do it with TnGuys help, LOL  ::)
I use Photoshop and can help anyone with photos for the site.
By the way we are still looking for photos from the June Gold festival and Kid's Day. Many members had cameras and were taking photos. Please send them to me or post them on the forum for everyone to enjoy.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]