Author Topic: so your a prospector... whats your profession?  (Read 23005 times)

samcox

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • ck out my yt vids: Pastor Sam and Victoria
so your a prospector... whats your profession?
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:59:12 AM »
What a man does is as important as his last name. We work! Most of us have careers, so what is it you do?  Me I am a commercial driver. I drive a concrete mixer. In Knoxville tn. Its most boys dream to grow up n drive big trucks. I'm so lucky.
my videos on youtube are under Pastor sam and Victoria. I have several playlist so look at the prospecting list for some goofy prospecting vids, Be blessed, and enjoy!

nx4cnx4c

Re: so your a prospector... whats your profession?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:27:07 PM »
I'm retired now.  Retired from the Knoxville Fire Department with 30 years service and from the Air Force, mostly ANG...21 years there.  I loved the Fire Department, the excitement was great at times and a big rush.  Would do it all over again.  In the ANG I was in a Combat Communications Unit, got to see a number of countries that wouldn't have got to see and did a time in Desert Storm.  Seen a lot of things I never dreamed of both good and bad.  That was my Profession.

jeff

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:50:32 PM »
i drive 18 wheelers for ceva logistics in chattanooga. been driving trucks since 1987 and i'm pretty tired of it but it pays the bills. one thing about truck driving is that you will never be unemployed unless you want to be.

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 06:32:29 AM »
Sam,  I read your original post that you were a "commercial DIVER", and couldn't figure out how a concrete mixer fit that profession.  I had to re-read it about three times before I caught my mistake.   

I have done Many things for a living, but the full explanation of my current job normally makes peoples heads swim.  So to reduce confusion I say that I am a Computer Analyst.  This doesn't mean I can fix a PC when it breaks though.  :)
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

htmagic

• Jr. Member: 50 to 99 posts
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 07:46:56 AM »
I am a Chemical Engineer working in Oak Ridge.
I am doing process design for a new facility here.
Yes, I am a contractor doing support work for one of the plants here.

If I told you any more, I'd have to kill you!   ::)
May the FORCE be with you and have a magical day!

MagicBill

samcox

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 07:57:17 AM »
DIVER: meant driver chip thanks for catching that / I was n desert storm to as a marine mech. infantry - congrats on retirement! / and magic I have clearance so you can tell me without killing me / thanks for input men!
my videos on youtube are under Pastor sam and Victoria. I have several playlist so look at the prospecting list for some goofy prospecting vids, Be blessed, and enjoy!

chiptrip

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 08:10:57 AM »
Sam - It was my mistake.  one of my many (short lived) careers was as a Divemaster and Scuba Instructor, so I tend to see divers everywhere.

samcox

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 08:21:05 AM »
That is so cool, I always thought diving was awesome. So much to see, I need to clarify Diving in water not out of planes is cool. Parachutes and fat people don't mix!

skunkass

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 09:45:50 AM »
Retired O/O Expediter. Work from home on the enternet now. ( flip/picker). 8)
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees......

samcox

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 11:01:07 AM »
cool skunk what do you typ flip?

rkryder

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
Hi, Sam & everyone. I am a Pastor/Minister (Baptist, please don't shoot.) I am between churches now. Been in the ministry for 39 years.
I've always had to work for a living, so for the last 25 years I have been a Dish Network retailer/installer. (Self employed) I am also an Excede Internet dish dealer. Gotta pay the bills some how for 4 more years.

htmagic

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 12:17:23 PM »
DIVER: meant driver chip thanks for catching that / I was n desert storm to as a marine mech. infantry - congrats on retirement! / and magic I have clearance so you can tell me without killing me / thanks for input men!
Even though you have clearance, you don't have a NEED TO KNOW...   ;)

MagicBill

nx4cnx4c

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »
Even though you have clearance, you don't have a NEED TO KNOW...   ;)
Well said, anyone that has ever had a clearance knows you have to have the need to know to be privy of that classified document.  I have told a General that I couldn't show some classified info that I was in control of without it being cleared from my commander.  Come to find out later that was a test to see if I would show it to him.  It would have been my but if had.

samcox

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 12:50:44 PM »
Lol you are right about a need to know... Infact the less I know the less I am liable for in a court of law its great hearing where you guys worked are workingalso glad to hear I have a nother minister in the group and I won't shoot you for being Baptist. you never know you might have been the one to do my install on my dish service.

Tom Twosocks

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 02:51:56 PM »
Retired

Prevoius Employment

Metallurgist
Quality Control Mgr
Quality Assurance Mgr
Specialty Products Mgr
Nuclear Sales Mgr
Purchasing Mgr

Now Retired

Team Leader of Mission Teams - Men and Women of Action
Toy Builder
Prospector

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 06:24:05 PM »
I am currently a designer in a Structural Engineering firm. I was previously employed in the field of Architectural Precast Concrete as an estimator/cad detailer/concrete technician/office manager, etc.

I started out wanting to be a Geologist but never pursued it. See what happens???

Al
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748

andy taylor

• Old Timer: 500 to 749 posts
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 06:51:21 PM »
i guess im pretty much retired.lost my work about 3 months after my last wife passed away.havent been able to find work since i moved back to tn.former professions were
automotive brake mechanic
short order cook
associate manager petro in atlanta service dept.
did home repairs remodeling apt. maintenence for around 20 years on and off.all aspects.
now prospector   spelled bum for short.
if'n i had my druthers i'd druther be huntin' purdy yeller rocks.

Rich Robinson

• Director of Chapters - GPAA
  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • Tennessee State Director,
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 06:59:44 PM »
I am a Realtor and Photographer, but have worn many hats in my career. My favorite of which was as the NRA Field Representative for Tennessee.
Former Tennessee State Director rrobinson1791@gmail.com
615-587-3397

samcox

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 08:28:39 PM »
Awesome NRA!

corundumaniac

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 11:59:32 PM »
     I would like to say gold digger, which is what I am for a month every summer on our claims in Montana, but my real day job is community college math instructor.  I've been teaching for more than 50 years (started as an undergrad TA at Georgia Tech in 1963), so you may soon see a revised post where I say retired community college math instructor, currently full-time gold digger.

May I suggest that not only professions but also hobbies (other than the gold prospecting of course) and moonlights might be worth sharing?

Let me begin by saying that I found out about your group because of an interest in professional videography and TV cameras, making a connection with Chuck Pharis an inevitability (and when I found out he was a gold nut too, the hook was set)!   
    I also hang around the Carolinas for a couple of weeks every May and June, doing geological research (reserve mapping) and looking for corundum specimens for our collection - hope to see y'all at the May meeting!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:40:30 PM by corundumaniac »

skunkass

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 11:56:42 AM »
cool skunk what do you typ flip?

Hi Sam. I flip alot of stuff from hotrod autos/parts to anitiques.
Just about any.  Love to hunt junkyards and private collections. Even do fleamarket hunts. I always know someone looking to buy/collect. Its easy money 8)
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees......

BagLady

• Love Reading, gardening, prospecting
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 01:23:27 AM »
I had to put myself "out to pasture" over 3 yrs ago. Hurt my back. I've got 20 yrs in construction, and another 15 yrs doing anything to pay the bills (legally).
Fortunately, my hubbie is still hanging in there and supporting us.
Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 09:05:49 AM »
I am enjoying reading this post. It is interesting to know what your fellow prospectors do off the river!
I have had many jobs. I always wanted to work in Television and Radio Engineering.
1960s: DJ and Chief Engineer at various radio stations near San Francisco
1966 to 1970: Military Police Officer
1970 to 1972: I worked for GE at a Nuclear Reactor. I analyzed air samples from the U-2 Spy plane. TRUE!
1972 to 1976: Television Engineer in the San Francisco Bay Area
1976 to 2003: Senior Video Engineer for ABCs Wide World Of Sports and ABC TV Network in Hollywood, Ca.
2003 to date, Senior Video Engineer for ESPN Sports. Currently semi-retired working 5 months a year.
I also worked for the GPAA from 1994 to 2001 as their camera man with Tom Massie. I shot the Gold Fever Shows for The Outdoor Channel. This was a part time job.
I also own my own business, buying, rebuilding and selling vintage broadcasting equipment.
Somewhere in there I try and find time to fish and prospect for gold!
Chuck
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:38:32 AM by Chuck Pharis »
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

htmagic

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 10:53:55 AM »
I am enjoying reading this post. It is interesting to know what your fellow prospectors do off the river!
I have had many jobs. I always wanted to work in Television and Radio Engineering.
1960s: DJ and Chief Engineer at various radio stations near San Francisco
1966 to 1970: Military Police Officer
1970 to 1972: I worked for GE at a Nuclear Reactor. I analyzed air samples from the U-2 Spy plane. TRUE!
1972 to 1976: Television Engineer in the San Francisco Bay Area
1976 to 2003: Senior Video Engineer for ABCs Wide World Of Sports and ABC TV Network in Hollywood, Ca.
2003 to date, Senior Video Engineer for ESPN Sports. Currently semi-retired working 5 months a year.
I also worked for the GPAA from 1994 to 2001 as their camera man with Tom Massie. I shot the Gold Fever Shows for The Outdoor Channel. This was a part time job.
I also own my own business, buying, rebuilding and selling vintage broadcasting equipment.
Somewhere in there I try and find time to fish and prospect for gold!
Chuck
Oh, so you're one of those that add lead into the streams but at least you're pulling it out with your dredge and sluice?   ;)

MagicBill

Chuck Pharis

• Administrator
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 11:46:05 AM »
I rarely loose sinkers. When I do, I call Allen, he can find anything in the water  ::)
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.

Terry busick

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »
I am a hvac service tech that means I fix heat pumps
Tmb

Larry Jordan

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 07:37:44 PM »
I am a production supervisor at a company called Chattem in Chattanooga. before there I was a production manager for an industrial cabinet manufacturer. That is all I have worked in the 34 years in the south.

csa_atty

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »
Good evening all, I enjoy reading this post as well. Maybe we can start bartering a few services. I'm an attorney, currently working as in house counsel with one of our fed gov't agencies. Before this position, I was in private practice for about 5-6 yrs and had my own office for a few.

Casey

DALEBEC

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 11:26:35 PM »
I am a wanna be Millionaire/ Venture Capitalist but since i must suck at that since it hasnt happened yet i am currently a Field Service Tech/Engineer, for a conveyor manufacturer and travel this great country making sure your products get shipped to you... with background in about everything, welding, fabrication, construction, heavy equipment operation, owned my own concrete business, farmer, electrical, plumbing, pretty much anything i put my mind too...
Hobbies: to many to mention but a few are
Prospector-Cook-Metal detecting/treasure/Indian artifact/ relic hunting. Most anything to do with American History
Fish
Hunt
Rock hound now lapidary work
Wine maker
Scuba diver
Woodworker
Metal worker
Ok you get the idea i have a hard time focusing, lol
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:28:04 AM by DALEBEC »

Chuck Pharis

• Administrator
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »
I think a barter/trade services service might be good. We can all help each other out.
Does anyone do windows? I can fix your TV if you clean the 50+ windows in my house. Yes, inside and out!
 ::)
Chuck Pharis

DALEBEC

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 10:28:36 AM »
I think a barter/trade services service might be good. We can all help each other out.
Does anyone do windows? I can fix your TV if you clean the 50+ windows in my house. Yes, inside and out!
 ::)

WILL WORK FOR GOLD!!!!

Weldin it

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »
Does anyone do windows?

Experience with 2000, XP and 7.  :o

corundumaniac

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »
Hi Chuck,

How far is it from Franklin, NC to your house by 2-wheel drive road?  (I saw the map - made me wish I was a crow.)

I might come and do windows for TV camera parts to complete some setups (cosmetically at least, for display in technology exhibits).  Mine are more recent than yours, but maybe "with your looks and my brains, we can make a real monster!" 

Cheers,
Will

BagLady

• Love Reading, gardening, prospecting
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 12:52:05 PM »
Wow. Literally from every "walk of life" here! You all have interesting lives.
Hobbies: Reading, Farming, Training my dogs, Riding and Driving our horses, Indian Rock hunting, Metal Detecting.  Can't really ride anymore tho... :(
Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.

Little_Red

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »
Hello everyone. I am a 16 year old professional high school student :p. I enjoy gold mining, helping my dad woodwork, watching baseball, making things with my hands, and finding that yellow stuff :)

Chuck Pharis

• Administrator
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2014, 02:50:36 PM »
Hey Will, we need to talk about what you need. I am on the road until April with ESPN. Call me at home Monday evenings as I am normally home then.
Email me a list of what you are looking for. I have a lot of spares.
I am 16 miles south of our Coker Creek property, and 3 miles from NC, in the south east corner of TN.
chuck@pharis-video.com
Chuck Pharis

daddydave

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »
After 15 years of retirement I'm back to work in security at Amazon. Part time leaves prospecting my regular past time. 

DALEBEC

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2014, 09:43:32 PM »
After 15 years of retirement I'm back to work in security at Amazon. Part time leaves prospecting my regular past time.
Are you at CHA1?

daddydave

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2014, 05:39:30 AM »
No Cha2.
We're watching Walmart rooftops for SAM (surface to air missiles) = they're gonna shoot down our delivery drones.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:41:19 AM by daddydave »

diggindave

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2014, 05:49:32 AM »
Ive been an operator of a wastewater plant for 11 years

D-Ferguson

• 865-304-1014 cell
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »
so do you have any sluices set up in the waste water drains ?
GPAA Member
GPOC member
WEGM member

DALEBEC

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 10:26:15 AM »
No Cha2.
We're watching Walmart rooftops for SAM (surface to air missiles) = they're gonna shoot down our delivery drones.   ;)
I do quarterly maintenance at CHA-1, i wouldnt worry about Walmart i think everybody has their sites set to shoot them some presents out of the sky once the drones start

corundumaniac

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 10:45:32 AM »
     While we're on the topic of drones, my first though is they will disappear and reappear with new paint jobs as kid's radio controlled toys.   I for one can't wait to see how this new delivery paradigm proceeds, and have already ordered my Duck Dynasty drone net!

Weldin it

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 10:55:38 AM »
Dave or Dale, is this your place? http://www.viralnova.com/warehouse/

I have recently gone into the FBA (Fufilled by Amazon). Kinda like what Skunkass does.

DALEBEC

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 11:15:09 AM »
Amazon is one of many of my customers i go to, about 25 different sites across the US. I also have other customers such as: Firestone, JCP, Tire Rack, Macy's, several liquor distributors, Home Depot to mane a few my conveyor is a telescopic conveyor mounted in shipping and receiving doors

diggindave

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 04:16:43 PM »
I do find quite a bit of gold in the waste water, mostly when septic haulers bring loads pumped from septic tanks! Ive found about 8 gold teeth 3/4 carrat diamond rings 22k necklaces probably from indian descent people, i find alot in the sewer.

Brick

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 08:38:40 PM »
 I'm a Grocery Store Manager for a large South East chain. Have been with them for 24 years. Been in the business for about 28 years. One of the best things about this business is that I can get all the free Buckets I want!! I use buckets every time I go prospecting. I have turned them  into a Trommel(thanks to Mike;s hand trommel on you tube), a sluice , a rocker box ,storage for concentrates or whatever.

Jcbdc

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:45 AM »
I guess the older we are the more we have done!
In the early 70's I taught anatomy and physiology to nursing students at UT.
Got my post grad degree in Chiropractic in Davenport, IA, in 1975.
Practiced in Stevens Point, WI 10 years. 
Moved back to Maryville area and practiced till having a carrear ending stroke.
Also was involved in politicts in Blout Co. and Rockford prior to my stroke.
Still unable to drive since stroke, I do pan cons in my back yard!
Joe
Golden Years = When you spend all your Gold to stay alive!

I always wanted to be a swinger
Now I R one.  Whites Coinmaster Pro

dogs178

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2014, 04:51:28 PM »
retired ,army, still working tattoo artist app.only, fishing,camping ,GOLD when i can remember it.

Auprospector

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 12:18:26 PM »
I am a licensed Coast Guard Capt. I run a 109 ft yacht for private owners. I work from Dec to June , then back to the gold hunt up in Murphy NC.

chiptrip

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »
I am a licensed Coast Guard Capt. I run a 109 ft yacht for private owners. I work from Dec to June , then back to the gold hunt up in Murphy NC.
What's your tonnage and ocean(s)?

samcox

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2014, 10:25:54 PM »
Wow  what a great response... We got a lot of smart folks on here... And we find we got something in common with a few others as well for me I find a fellow minister in rob ryker a fellow military policeman in chuck, a man who like me works around concrete (al) found out dale hunts gold in my native state of indiana. Small world huh?

Auprospector

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2014, 03:07:27 PM »
I have a 200/500 Ton Lic

Dan4145

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2014, 08:38:44 AM »
Cabinet maker. I have a curio cabinet in mind to build so that I can display all of the gold I find, but so far my little bitty glass vial still has plenty of room in it. lol

htmagic

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2014, 10:00:41 AM »
Cabinet maker. I have a curio cabinet in mind to build so that I can display all of the gold I find, but so far my little bitty glass vial still has plenty of room in it. lol
Dan,

Welcome to the forum.
Where are you located?

MagicBill

eawebb

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2014, 10:44:43 AM »
Ex-Marine gunner and a retired Mississippi Wildlife Enforcement officer. Having a real hard time understanding the dredge ban since I was a game warden as I was often called among other things!LOL. Seems very stupid to me since I have had bass and other fish take over my dredge hole while I was in it. I personaly have had to push fish aside with my hand to get them away from my dredge nozzel. I think the reason most states that ban dredging are just too dang lazy to want to help out and do their part in helping sportsmen.

htmagic

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2014, 11:23:03 AM »
EAWEBB,

So you live in Mississippi or Tennessee?

MagicBill

nx4cnx4c

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2014, 12:48:00 PM »
Sounds like eawebb will be a good person to speak on our behalf for dredging, with his title as a Game Warden and experience with dredging and the results of it.

htmagic

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2014, 12:54:34 PM »
Well he is a cabinet maker.
If he lived in Tennessee, I may have him make a coffee table so I can put my N gauge layout in it.
I could have a ore mine and a train carrying a little vial of gold...

MagicBill

Dan4145

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2014, 04:24:12 PM »
 Thanks (htmagic) I am located in Soddy Daisy.

eawebb

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2014, 06:29:35 PM »
I just moved from Pulaski, Tennessee to Hazelgreen, Alabama. I now break horses and do gunsmithing on the side with my prospecting.  I have been prospecting off and on for 15 years.

Brian Alexander

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2014, 10:22:09 PM »
I am a landscape professional, all aspects of it. I am ready for fishing, and GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IPATRIOT

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2014, 08:38:54 PM »
Hello all, Im a Lead sheet metal mechanic for a commercial HVAC company in Knoxville, Tn.. That being said Im only a vehicle mechanic on my own vehicles now. I install commercial/industrial HVAC systems. I also have been through many professions through the years from vehicle maintenance to time in the Air Force as load master in the 80s and 90s. I am now spending more time fishing and hunting rocks. Developed a fascination couple of years ago for Geology but too late in life to go into it for a living. I also farm and help my wife take care of 2 horses. Went with Al one time a year back and of course he found gold, I found a few small pieces and was hooked. Fortunately I live about 3 miles from the famed pull off at Little River so I have been there a few times and found a little more. So hard to decide, pan for gold or try for trout...

rockchuckerdon

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2014, 01:35:53 AM »
I've been a professional retiree for the past four years. Was fortunate enough to land a job with Norfolk Southern Railway for almost thirty two years, working as a locomotive electrician for several years, before becoming an electrical supervisor and later a transportation supervisor. Worked in several things before that, and opted for railroad stability, and security, and haven't looked back. It is a different lifestyle, but worth it. Don.

helix149

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2014, 03:28:43 AM »
Industrial maintenance however that is one of many hats worn over the years... basically I am one of those guys who over the years has learned how to fix or fudge almost anything mechanical I get my hands on and I am getting better with electrical troubleshooting so long as its not component level.... Ie I can tell you the motor is good/bad or the board of microchips etc is the issue but dont really care what little gadget on the board is bad.   I do have to admit my fly fishing for golden bones ( carp  :o ) has gotten in the way of hunting flakes but this time of yr the fish are down so off to dig holes it is  ;D

SirJohnD

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2014, 08:54:58 PM »
Truck driver and veteran.
   John

Tuckeroo

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2014, 03:44:56 PM »
Well I am a Bail bondsman for East Tennessee Bail Bonding Co. in Blount Co. I been bonding for about 4 years. Not as glam-eras as TV's DOG, but it can be close ;)  I need to find a different career something I can play with the toys and pay the bills, and have a life. In the last 30 years I done a lot of sales oriented jobs. It is been so slow really needing a better career. I started playing with gold since it was cheep to get into, and I kind of like the little gold stuff, when it decides to show up ;D

Nc/tn digger

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2014, 12:32:06 AM »
I am a Chemical Engineer working in Oak Ridge.
I am doing process design for a new facility here.
Yes, I am a contractor doing support work for one of the plants here.

If I told you any more, I'd have to kill you!   ::)

I'm the guy who's job is to kill the one telling those classified secrets, Lol

I'm a Security Police Officer for Department of Energy in Oak Ridge, before that I was Security Police for the State Dept. in D.C. and before that was in the U.S. Marines, 3 years Infantry deployed several times with 31st MEU last 3 years as Embassy and Diplomatic Security overseas. I was lucky enough to hit 26 counties while I was on active duty enjoyed every min of it.   

Dustin M

• Facebook
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2014, 09:32:50 PM »
Do you know the twins? J and J Smith?

baldar77

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2014, 12:13:28 AM »
I just got back to this forum after about a year hiatus.  Interesting careers, folks.  It shows how diverse our country is, and how much we can do.  I just retired 2 weeks ago from fedex after 17 years.....and am already bored!  I also worked for UPS in management prior to that for 17 years.  I've owned a bar, bought/traded gold, silver and jewelry, spent 6 years in the Air Force.  It looks like I'll be getting back to doing something.....I can't stand this sitting around.  All the chores have been caught up, everythings painted.  I suppose I'll have to be making a run down to Coker Creek for a few days, since it's been three years since I've been there.  DAMN that drive from Louisville.

BigTom

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »
I just hit 20 years in the US Army today (retirement will be soon), I'm recovering from dual knee replacement so I will eventually be medically retired over 20 years. My wife (retired US Army 20 yrs) and I will be moving to our mountain home in Murphy. Now I will be able to enjoy the time with my kids and the beauty that the mountains bring.