Author Topic: southeast Kentucky  (Read 2220 times)

SirJohnD

southeast Kentucky
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:52:24 AM »
Cumberland gap / southeast Kentucky. . Has anyone tried this area? I know a few places with streams and creeks in areas that are in areas either logged or strip mined.  Never heard of gold up there though.
    John

DALEBEC

Re: southeast Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 08:29:26 AM »
No, not really supposed to be any around that area, never hurts to test though, NE Ky around Cincinnati would be more likely

D-Ferguson

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • 865-304-1014 cell
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:59:05 AM »
you can always go looking for silver around ashcamp or Elkhorn City Ky, for the swifts lost silver. people have been looking for yrs and only a little have been found.
GPAA Member
GPOC member
WEGM member

DALEBEC

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:35:20 AM »
True, if you want to go do that im in i have researched it quite a bit

SirJohnD

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:47:23 AM »
Sounds good to me

AgroCoders

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 08:31:37 PM »
I found a 14 carat gold class ring with a red stone (ruby) from the University of Miami of Ohio in London, Kentucky on the sidewalks once in 1980. Found a 20 dollar bill too another time. I thought I was rich. That was due to being a kid and out and about all the time.

I also found a gold retirement watch made by Bulova in the Atlantic Ocean at the St Mary's River in 1977. Now that one was a surprise, I was just feeling around the ocean floor with my hands for sand dollars like I always did and come up with a gold watch. It must of been lost a long time but then again the ocean is rough. It was too far out to find with a metal detector although I know metal detectors where being manufactured then and most of been cheaper then hand held video cameras then but it wasn't that rare to see a man with one. LOL, I've yet to see a woman with a metal detector unless you count stud finders.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:33:44 PM by AgroCoders »