Author Topic: Little River Gold distribution?  (Read 2722 times)

samcox

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • ck out my yt vids: Look up little river Gold
Little River Gold distribution?
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:06:27 AM »
Does little river seem to produce more GOld the closer you get to the park or has anyone made a distinction? I work the area around the picnic area most times? But is it better closer to the park (SMNP)? I have private access up in townsend but ive not been there when the water is low and workable... Parking is 1 veh. only. any info appreciated.
my videos on youtube are under  Adventures with sam and Victoria. I have several playlist so look at the prospecting list for some goofy prospecting vids, Be blessed, and enjoy!

skunkass

Re: Little River Gold distribution?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:59 AM »
I have panned/ sluiced up near the park its more hit and miss. And alot more huge boulders and swifter water.
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees......
impeach!

samcox

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:27:26 AM »
i tried twice to get color up that way once the river was raging no good that day the nxt time was late winter and  my wife goes in to her neck she did the slick rock boogie and that trip was cut short. it looks like a good spot so ill keep trying. Im going again in sept after the doc says im free to be me again. i find alot of color at picnic area but none bigger than a knat.
my videos on youtube are under  Adventures with sam and Victoria. I have several playlist so look at the prospecting list for some goofy prospecting vids, Be blessed, and enjoy!

sysbee

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »
Upstream some friends and myself had access to about 1 mile of river from all the folks I met up there over the years I miss the free cabins and dinners! anyway yes the gold got better some of my best cleanups were measured in grams/ penny weight up there, I remember one day a few hours dredging produced a dozen pickers and tons of flood gold,many watches,rings,sun glasses found tons of clothes too, also strange but really close to the park we were givin access and the gold thinned out some never got to explore it farther as I have not been back since summer 2013 found better gold elsewhere :)
Dredgers like it deep

samcox

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »
thanks sysbee i will def return to the private prop once i recover from my surgery. and the water stays good. I would love a picker or two in the pan im doing okay with the picnic area but chunkier would be nice... thanks again for the input!