Author Topic: GPAA Recreational Prospecting Prospecting Individual ARAP PErmit  (Read 4766 times)

Rich Robinson

• Director of Chapters - GPAA
  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • Tennessee State Director,
GPAA Recreational Prospecting Prospecting Individual ARAP PErmit
« on: December 20, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »
Hello Everyone, and Merry Christmas.
I wanted to take a moment to give you all an update of our individual permit.  In the last week Katherine, the former Tellico District Ranger communicated her few changes to Chuck and me and I made the changes she requested, on behalf of the US Forest service. On Friday,December 12 Robert Baker from TDEC and I spoke and according to him, it will take a few weeks for them to review the application to make sure it is complete. Once they determine it is complete then they will provide me with public notice signs that must be posted where they want them and post a public notice in local papers in the affected areas and they will post it on the TDEC website for 30 days. public notice will last for 30 days after which we can be issued our permit based on changes that are required.  So this process could take roughly 45-60 days... I will post a copy of the Application as soon as TDEC posts it.   

I also want to say to everyone; Thank you for allowing me to serve as your State Director. I can promise you all that I will do my best to serve you in a way that is in the best interest of the Coker Creek and Sugartree Chapters in Tennessee. The friendships I have made here are very important to me and if there is anything I can do for any of you, please feel free to contact me any time. I want to be accessible to all of the members of the GPAA and LDMA, and look forward to building long lasting relationships with all of our members here in Tennessee.

My friends, things are changing and the restrictions on the rights of prospectors is coming to Tennessee, as it has to other states, and I want you all to know that I will be here to fight for our right to enjoy the hobby of prospecting and to preserve it's heritage here in Tennessee. Thank you all again for allowing me to serve the Coker Creek and Sugartree chapters of the GPAA.

Richard Robinson
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 07:20:07 AM by Rich Robinson »
Former Tennessee State Director rrobinson1791@gmail.com
615-587-3397

mikepayne

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
Re: GPAA Recreational Prospecting Prospecting Individual ARAP PErmit
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:22:03 PM »
Thank you Richard.

chuck

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 06:48:58 PM »
my name is Chuck Wirshels and live in Fla.i am a member of the club and want you to call me at 727 534 1456 i have info that several state legislators are questing the Tenn mining rules i received call from  http://www.capitol.tn.gov/house/members/h6.html  he is a personal friend that i have known since his collage days if you can call him at 615 741 1717 he is looking for info that i believe you can give better than myself feel free to you my name or my sons name Chuck and my son Jon wirshels and if you can call me and let me know how the meeting went i always post info on his face book page concerning mining and the government getting involved and stopping a lot of it

chuck

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 07:56:52 PM »
Richard just courious as tp weather you contacted Micah van Huss and if he is going to work with you on the bill you mentioned when you called i kind of like to keep up whit this as much as i can even living in Fla

Thanks Chuck Wirshels

Rich Robinson

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 11:38:01 PM »
Hi Chuck, I had a good meeting with Micah and yes he did offer his assistance. I have spent the past 3 day at the legislature meeting with many who are supportive of our position... I have no problem finding sponsors for legislation...  Micah will be assisting as we move forward

Richard
615-587-3397

chuck

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:34:30 PM »
well glad i hope it will come out the same as California no permit needed dont know how much he can do but glad he will work with you if i do hear any thing from him i will lwt you know

Chuck

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 11:20:21 PM »
They are writing up a permit in California this week. Who knows how long it will take to get the dredgers back in the water.
After 5 years there should be some great god for dredging. The bad news is most of the creeks and rivers are bone dry from the lack of rain.
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Rich Robinson

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 11:53:38 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I know it has been a while since I posted any news concerning the progress of our Individual ARAP for Prospecting. I wanted to give you all a quick update.  There has been a lot going on since I last reported. I will keep try to keep this short...

As you all know we were on hold for a while while the Forest Service was reviewing the application and adding wording and making sure that we were in compliance with USFS guidelines.  We received their comments and changes and were able to submit the application to TDEC shortly before Christmas. Over the past few weeks I have met with TDEC several times and they will have the Public notice ready hopefully on Monday, Jan 26. I will then be able to get the public notice signs posted on the streams we have listed on the Individual ARAP Application. My plan it to pick up the signs and have them posted as soon as I can get them, so I will be headed to Coker Creek this week. If there are no bumps in the road we should be back in the water in the early part of March, so everyone, keep your fingers crossed....

I have also been working on the new 2015 General ARAP with TDEC. Our official public comments are on record with them and the new General ARAP Conditions will be issued by TDEC after February 28, 2015. There will be changes to the General ARAP for those who wish to get that permit on their own. Please be sure to keep your eyes open for the new conditions. I have spent a lot of time working on this with them the past couple of weeks and there may be some good changes coming that will be more favorable for prospectors. I will stay on top of this and let you know as I have more information. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. If you PM me you will get a faster response, as I get notifications on my phone.

Richard
615-587-3397

freddymac58

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 12:37:24 AM »
ha just rember i'm here to help ya placeall though signs . it will take some one helping you too. get it done. so i'm here to help ya. as all ways . crazy camp man.lol freddy

DGurley

• GPAA Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 05:50:41 AM »
Thank you Richard for what you have done.
David Gurley