Author Topic: Richard's State Director's Update 3/5/2015  (Read 2097 times)

Rich Robinson

• Director of Chapters - GPAA
  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • Tennessee State Director,
Richard's State Director's Update 3/5/2015
« on: March 06, 2015, 12:10:58 AM »
Hello Coker Creek Members,
I want to give you all an update on the meetings and presentation I have been involved in this week.  I will break this down by topic, Individual ARAP Application, and General ARAP.
1.   Individual ARAP Update -   The Public notice signs for our Individual were posted on January 30, 2015 at 4 locations; Kiosk near the Tellico Ranger Station, Next to the Welcome Center at Coker Creek, at the Coker Creek GPAA Property and where the road splits at Lower Coker Creek to either go to the falls or to Lower Coker Creek.
2.   On February 12 TDEC was the last to get their public notice posted, so the 30 day public notice period officially started on the 12th of February.
3.   The Individual ARAP will be ready to be issued shortly after. If all goes well, we should be back in the water before the end of the month.
4.   I know we all were under the impression that the GPAA would be covering the cost of the permit for us, but this is not the case. This is a Tennessee Permit and the Board of directors voted on our conference call on March 3rd to accept a loan from the GPAA to cover the cost of the permit. This loan is will be paid back to the GPAA over a 5 year period and there will be no interest on the loan. I will give a detailed report on this topic soon.
The 2015 General ARAP - The New General ARAP will not be ready for some time. I have been meeting with TDEC on a regular basis and they want to work with us now. I met on Monday with TDEC for about 3 hours to discuss getting the new permit right.  I have had multiple meetings with TDEC and with Legislators to ensure the process keeps moving in the right direction. We have got a pretty good looking proposal in at this point and TDEC plans to have a red line draft ready for my review early next week.  Then we will meet again and again until we get it right. There will be significant enough changes in the General ARAP that it will have to go up for public comment and another public hearing, so don't look for it to be issued  before the end of the summer. It will not likely happen until late August like last year.  I will have a more detailed report soon. Too much to write here.

Legislation . I presented to the House Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee on  March 3, 2015. There were many questions and I met with the Sierra Club Representative, TWF Representative, and Trout Unlimited Representative. Those meeting went well but we do not have everyone's support but I will be meeting with them to accommodate their request for more information. Don't worry, this does not mean they will not work with us. But I am searching for ways we can work together.  I look forward to seeing you all soon. Please feel free to PM me on the Website with your questions. And if you need to call me personally, I will take your call as soon as possible.

Richard
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:45:13 AM by Rich Robinson »
Former Tennessee State Director rrobinson1791@gmail.com
615-587-3397

lungster67

Re: Richard's State Director's Update 3/5/2015
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 03:18:49 PM »
thanks again it sounds like you have been working your but off .and doing a great job

freddymac58

• Jr. Member: 50 to 99 posts
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »
  thanks Richard, for all the hard work. I know you put in a lot of miles an time . into this permit an chapter. thank you freddymac

mamikito

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
    • baccarat
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 12:30:45 AM »
I like a lot of your own.