Author Topic: Action Alert!!!! Individual ARAP Permit PLEASE READ!!!!!  (Read 6237 times)

Rich Robinson

• Director of Chapters - GPAA
  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • Tennessee State Director,
Action Alert!!!! Individual ARAP Permit PLEASE READ!!!!!
« on: March 14, 2015, 10:22:58 AM »
TO ALL COKER CREEK AND SUGARTREE CHAPTER MEMBERS,

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM AN ATTORNEY FROM TDEC ON FRIDAY 3/13/2015 AT 5:30 PM TO INFORM ME THAT TDEC WOULD BE GRANTING A REQUEST FTOM THE COUNTY MAYOR OF MONROE COUNTY FOR AN EXTENSION OF PUBLIC COMMENT TIME CONCERNING OUR INDIVIDUAL ARAP PERMIT. THE PUBLIC COMMENT TIME WAS TO BE ENDING TODAY 3/14/2014. HE REQUESTED A 3 WEEK EXTENTION OF THE TIME BUT WAS ONLY GRANTED A 2 WEEK EXTENTION. THIS WILL DELAY THE ISSUANCE OF OUR PERMIT. THERE IS AN EFFORT GOING ON AT THIS TIME TO KILL OUR PERMIT AND AS MEMBERS OF THE GPAA WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FIGHT BACK. IT APEARS THAT MOST OF THOSE WHO WANT US OUT OF THE WATER, WANT ALL OF US OUT, NOT JUST DREDGERS. THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ARE FOR MANUAL PROSPECTING AS WELL AS MECHANICAL. THESE COMMENTS ARE COMMING PRIMARILY TROUT UNLIMITED MEMBERS. A TWRA ENVIRONMENTALIST IS ALSO AMONG THE NEGATIVES. THEY ARE ASKING THAT OUR PERMIT BE DENIED IN IT'S ENTIRETY.

DENIAL OF THIS PERMIT WOULD LEAVE US WITH THE EXISTING RULES THAT WERE ESTABLISHED IN AUGUST OF 2014. CLASS 2(MECHANICAL) PROSPECTING WOULD FOR ALL INTENSIVE PURPOSES WOULD BE DEAD IN TENNESSEE, UNLESS YOU CAN AFFORD THE OPPRESSIVE FEE OF $500 AND YOU WANT TO DREDGE IN A RIVER 50 -100 FOOT WIDE RiVER...

I AM CONTINUING TO MEET WITH TDEC, AND AM CONTINUING OUR EFFORTS IN THE LEGISLATURE, BUT NOW WE HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER AS A GROUP TO BE HEARD... WE NEED ALL OF OUR MEMBERS TO ADD TO THE PUBLIC COMMENTS BEING SENT TO TDEC. WE ARE PROSPECTORS AND WE HAVE TO STAND UP FOR OUR RIGHT TO ENJOY THE WATERWAYS, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. WE HAVE TO LET TDEC KNOW ABOUT THE POSITIVE THINGS WE CONTRIBUTE BY REMOVING HARMFUL CONTAMINANTS FROM THE WATERWAYS SUCH AS LEAD AND MERCURY, AND HOW WE HELP BY CREATING THERMAL REFUGIA FOR FISH, AND CREAT LOOSE GRAVEL AREAS FOR FISH TO LAY EGGS, HOW WE REMOVE TRASH FROM NATURAL AREAS AND STREAMS, AND THAT WE ARE CONSERVATION MINDED AND FAMILY ORIENTED. THIS IS WHAT WE DO AND WHO WE ARE; PROSPECTORS, AN INTEGRAL PART OF AMERICAN AND TENNESSEE HISTORY.

I AM ASKING YOU TO PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO SENT IN YOUR EMAIL YOUR COMMENTS TO TDEC TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT OF OUR INDIVIDUAL PERMIT. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS EMAIL TO BLAST TDEC...  YOUR COMMENTS NEED TO SHOW THE POSITIVE , NOT CREATE MORE NEGATIVES... 

PLEASE ADDRESS YOUR EMAILS TO:
water.permits@tn.gov
ROBERT BAKER AND JIMMY SMITH

YOU MUST REFERENCE THE PERMIT APPLICATION NUMBER IN YOUR COMMENTS WHICH IS:
NRS14.341

ALSO, PLEASE COPY ME ON THE EMAILS YOU SEND SO I WILL BE ABLE TO PRINT THEM OFF TO TAKE WITH ME TO THE LEGISLATURE AND TO MY MEETINGS AND SO I CAN INSURE THAT ALL OF OUR COMMENTS ARE SEEN AND POSTED...
MY EMAIL IS:
rrobinson1791@gmail.com

ALL COMMENTS WILL NEED TO BE IN NO LATER THAN MARCH 27, 2015
PLEASE SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!! WE NEED EVERYONE'S HELP!!!

OTHERS WILL FIGHT TO KEEP US OUT OF THE WATER... WE NEED TO BE WILLING TO FIGHT TO STAY IN THE WATER....  EVERY COMMENT COUNTS AMD IS IMPORTANT...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:21:12 PM by Rich Robinson »
Former Tennessee State Director rrobinson1791@gmail.com
615-587-3397

mikepayne

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
Re: Action Alert!!!! Individual ARAP Permit PLEASE READ!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:35:58 PM »
I am guessing this will really hurt the gold show.

Rich Robinson

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 09:40:55 PM »
Not Necessarily... We are not done here... Please make public comments to TDEC... We need all of our energy focussed on this,,,

Richard
615-587-3397

Carol

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 09:17:35 AM »
everyone who hunts gold should do this and now don't wait for someone else  You are needed NOW

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 03:37:06 PM »
For Those so inclined,  The Mayor of Monroe County is Tim Yates,  The phone number posted for his Office is (423) 442-3981.
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

TAinewepolo

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 08:26:58 AM »
Thank you informed me.

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

freddymac58

• Jr. Member: 50 to 99 posts
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »
ive read it what else can I do to help I did tex like Richard asked so what can I still do to help

mikepayne

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 03:48:26 PM »
I called mayor Tim Yates I don't think I was told the whole truth. We keep getting lied to. He told me that dredging causes erosion. I stated this is not true that flooding causes more. He also to me that they are not after the shovels. That is not how I read the new rules they want.

Rich Robinson

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 10:35:50 PM »
Mike,
I plan to try meeting with Mr. Yates this week. According to TDEC he requested the extension to help determine the economic impact of The rules from TDEC on the local economy. I want to spend some time with him on thursday to help him understand what we do. before he makes his comments to TDEC.

Richard
615-587-3397

mikepayne

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 10:42:38 PM »
Thanks Rich

mikepayne

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 11:31:30 PM »
I also mentioned the economic impact

lungster67

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 11:00:28 PM »
Any word as to whats going on with the dergdeing permit wasn't able to make last meeting.Thanks

Tom Twosocks

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 08:39:04 PM »
Richard, What was the results of your meeting with Mr yates?

Cameronw18

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 01:16:57 AM »
http://www.goldprospectors.org/News/News-Details/ArtMID/636/ArticleID/19/Dredging-doesn%E2%80%99t-harm-fish-experts-say

Hey folks, I just wanted to chime in on this issue. The link I've provided above would seem to me to be very legible in the sense that it is recent, and the people that the information is sourced from in the article worked for the EPA for more than 30 years. If it were myself in the courts fighting this then I would be very tempted to bring this article up given the solid information it has. It also covers every piece of information that people against dredging use to contradict us such as global warming, conservation groups, etc. If you notice in the article it actually mentions Trout Unlimited. One of the commenters on the article (very bottom of the page) mentions that Trout Unlimited closed down some rivers from dredging in Maine. As you can see it's not only us having to deal with Trout Unlimited, but others as well. I just thought that I would share this great article with everyone. Hopefully it will give us some more firepower in the courtroom so we can get dredging legalized again in Tennessee.

Thanks,

Cameron

DGurley

• GPAA Member
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 07:26:00 AM »
This is a very good article it proves that Money Talks and the Bull crap Walks as always.

Thank You for this article
David Gurley

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 09:00:31 AM »
Everyone has to realize that our waters need to be open for everyone to use. Trout Unlimited has no right to say that ALL of the waterways in the state need to be closed to dredging. No dredgers what to harm fish.
We all need to share the water in Tennessee. There are many parts of creeks and rivers where there are no trout breeding areas. We have the right to dredge in those waters. One group does not have the right to control 100% of the waterways in our or any other state.
Trout Unlimited will try and stop us from dredging in creeks where there are NO trout at all. This is not right.
If Trout Unlimited can show me a waterway where trout are breeding, I will be the first to say "I will not dredge there during breeding time". Also trout breeding is seasonal. If the trout are not breeding, we should be able to share those creeks with anyone.
In California, all dredging was banned because of Salmon breeding (and other issues). So thousands of feet up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, in the gold bearing creeks where there never have been Salmon, you still can't dredge (because of the Salmon). Figure that one out?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:05:23 AM by Chuck Pharis »
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

HappyOldMan

• Jr. Member: 50 to 99 posts
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »
I sent this to the Mayor of Monroe also.
Where there is a will there is a way

Cameronw18

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 01:57:03 PM »
Your welcome for the article! I'd like to add that the defense against people saying we don't need to be in the water where fish are spawning would be the fisherman are in the water stepping on fish eggs, spawn beds, etc when they are walking in the creeks fishing. The reason is because the fish are spawning when the fisherman are in the water because this is considered "prime time" for fishing to them. How many fish eggs do the fisherman step on and kill? If dredges were allowed in the water then it would create more places for these fish to spawn when there's a lack of natural spawning areas. This would prevent fish from having to lay their eggs in flat spots were they would just float off and be lost. The holes that would be created for the fish would also benefit the fisherman as well because it would give the fish a place to spawn where the fisherman walking in the water will not step on the eggs and kill them. This not only benefits prospectors it would benefit the fisherman as well.

Thanks,

Cameron