Author Topic: Tellico river cleanup  (Read 1910 times)

kbernard

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
Tellico river cleanup
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:49:19 PM »
Hello everyone, when is the tellico river cleanup this year ?

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Tellico river cleanup
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 10:25:38 AM »
I just talked to the Ranger Station and it is Sat March 14. Our GPAA chapter always has a great turnout. I will be posting more details as I receive them.
It normally starts at 8 am and our group meets in the Tellico Ranger Station parking lot at 7:30 am.
We sign in and get free trash bags. Then we drive up the road and park. We pick an area along the river and walk picking up trash. It normally is quite cold in the mornings so be prepared and dress in layers.
You can work as long as you want. It is amazing on how much trash we pick up. Be sure to visit the falls when you are in the area.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

kbernard

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 11:22:10 AM »
Guys thanks for the info, all the trash I seen last year picked up I would hate to imagine it piling up year after year.

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 03:40:33 PM »
Flier for cleanup day
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »
I can't make this one because of a last minute work assignment out of town. Everything is still on for Sat March 14. All you have to do is show up and sign in as a GPAA chapter member or Guest.
The Rangers will tell you what you need to do. The weather report for the Tellico area on March 14 shows a low of 48 and a high of 65 with possible rain. Just be prepared for anything. You can always remove jackets and rain coats. We always have a great attendance for this event.
Please take photos of the group that shows up at 8 am and of the trash that you collect. It is very important that this information is posted here with photos.
Thanks in advance. I am very sorry I can't personally join you.
Chuck Pharis   
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]