Author Topic: IP and Other updates...  (Read 2087 times)

Rich Robinson

• Director of Chapters - GPAA
  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • Tennessee State Director,
IP and Other updates...
« on: May 26, 2015, 06:10:33 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I have a lot to cover with you all and will be posting several topics over the next few days so please keep an Eye out for these updates. They are all very important so please read them through and if you have questions or comments, Please PM me.... I want to ask you all to not make negative comments about the parties involved in the meetings on the forum. All parties look at our forum and I have been working very hard to set up and attend these meetings. Negotiations are ongoing and I am making a sincere effort to establish working relationships with all of the agencies involved. So please direct those comments to me personally through PM...

We are making headway... I know it seems to be taking forever but here is where we are on the Individual Permit.
As I told you all at the may meeting, Robert Baker, our permit administrator had completed our permit and it is waiting to be signed by the Director of the Water Resources Division. The only thing holding up her Signature is the completion of a Notice of Determination. The "Notice of determination" is the public legal response to the public comments that were received during the public comment period. This will be sent out to all who made public comments. The Notice of Determination has to be reviewed by Jimmy Smith, the Office of General Counsel and the Division Director, be fore the permit can be issued. The Notice of Determination is completeed and is in the hands of the three above mentioned people. I have been told that the review should take no more than a few days. Tis is the final step in the process before the permit can be issued. So we are almost there... I will let you all know when I have it in hand...

I also submitted our waiver for of some of the rules in the IP for the Gold Festival and Kids Day. What this means is that during the Gold Festival on June 19-20. there will not be a minimum distance between class 1 and class 2 operations on our GPAA property.

I know it is hard to be patient, because it has taken so long. but we are almost there, so be patient just a little longer. Just know I am pushing. I am sure TDEC is tired of my daily calls... LOL

Please keep your eyes open for the next few updates listed below. I will post them as individual topics. These are very important and I need all of you to help us with these...
1. TDEC Public Notice concerning upcoming public hearing and comments on the New Draft General ARAP. I will be attaching the Public notice and the Draft Permit for Review.
2. Summary of my meeting with the USFS District Supervisor.
3. IP Rules for the GPAA Property and USFS land.

Thank you all for your patience and support...

Richard
Former Tennessee State Director rrobinson1791@gmail.com
615-587-3397

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
Re: IP and Other updates...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:33:48 PM »
Funny how things have a way of going full circle. Robert Baker was the very first one I spoke to about this nearly three years ago. He directed me to Jonathan Burr.

Have you had any meetings with the Rangers? I know you are working hard on this, I just know that most of the publicly accessible gold areas are in the National Forest. I am concerned that we may be two steps away from being out of there completely.

Al
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748

Rich Robinson

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »
Al,
I am actually in the process of writing up a report on my forest service meeting, I should be posting it tonight or in the morning..

Richard
615-587-3397

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:24:13 PM »
Thanks Richard.
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748

Rich Robinson

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 10:29:01 PM »
Just posted it
615-587-3397

Tom Twosocks

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 11:09:08 PM »
Read the other report.

Where does sniping or using long spoons in cracks fit in ?

Or outlawed?

Tom

Rich Robinson

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 11:52:55 PM »
No answer for sure yet on that. But for now it is ok , but after June 30 may be outlawed
615-587-3397