Author Topic: Public Notice and New Draft General ARAP ACTION ALERT!!!!  (Read 3590 times)

Rich Robinson

• Director of Chapters - GPAA
  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • Tennessee State Director,
Public Notice and New Draft General ARAP ACTION ALERT!!!!
« on: May 26, 2015, 06:32:25 PM »
Hi there everyone,
I thought it would be easier to seperate these topics since there is so much to cover. I wanted to get this out to you all ASAP. This is your opportunity to be active in the process of positive change for prospectors in Tennessee. Please read the attached Public Notice... Please make public comments and get everyone you know who supports us to comment as well.... As long as your comments are submitted by the date of the public hearing, you will have legal standing.

Also I am attaching the New Draft General ARAP. It represents numerous meetings with TDEC and a sincere effort on their part to work with us to get the rules right...    Allowing us to enjoy our hobby while being able to stay within the boundaries of federal and state law. Everything in this new set of rules are things we agreed on and TDEC is able to support. I hope you are not too disappointed. I believe this New Draft General ARAP represents a god faith effort on TDEC's part to work with us.

Please feel free to PM or call me with any questions you may have.

Richard
Former Tennessee State Director rrobinson1791@gmail.com
615-587-3397

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Public Notice and New Draft General ARAP ACTION ALERT!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:19:26 PM »
Richard, can you please explain this topic in the Permit:

Class 2 activities must obtain coverage by submitting a signed and completed ARAP application (form
CN-1091), along with any other required information, to the division. Each application shall apply to only
one operator and only to qualifying prospecting equipment owned by that operator.

If someone wants a dredge tender, either family or friend, will that Tender also have to obtain a permit?
I would guess that only the nozzle operator needs the permit (but it does not say that), and that anyone clearing out rock hose jams, or tending the sluice will not need a permit? Sometimes details like this added to a permit, avoid confusion later.
Also it does not give 3" nozzle classifier details, so I would guess that anything that helps to stop large rocks from going up the hose would work here.
After reading it over, I do not see any other confusing issues. 
Chuck Pharis
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Rich Robinson

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:00:38 PM »
Chuck,
The tender does not need a permit and I will make the suggestion to TDEC that they make that distinction. Only the Class 2 equipment owner operator should have to have a permit. Also we did have the discussion about classifiers. Since there are several manufacturers there was not way to determine what the appropriate size was for a nozzle classifier. they would just not like anything larger than a 2 inch rock going through the nozzle. but that is not a written rule, they just want some kind of classification of material going through the nozzle..

Richard
615-587-3397

Tom Twosocks

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 09:06:41 PM »
It is my understanding that Katherine's replacement has gone the way of Carolina ; ie - Pan and Shovel bought at the Dollar Store.

This leaves out a short shovel and a garden shovel!

Source of Info is very reliable.

True or not Richard?

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 09:28:31 PM »
Tom,

Based on what I have heard that is correct for the Cherokee National Forest. Garden trowel only, no shovels.

Al
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748

Rich Robinson

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 10:06:07 PM »
Tom,
I will be posting a new topic either tonight or tomorrow covering my meeting with the Forest service District Supervisor and Ocoee Ranger last week. Look for it either tonight or in the morning. As things stand at the moment we are good until June 30 with our regular class 1 equipment but as of July 1, unless things change the only tools that can be used in the National Forest will be a pan, classifier, bucket and a garden trowel.

But look for the new topic. I will try to finish it tonight.

Richard
615-587-3397

lungster67

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 10:41:18 PM »
Hey Rich we talked at the gold show you said something about a meeting in Cleveland  with the rangers.This were i live .if you want some support and someone that knows the area let me know.    Thanks Rodney Lung .dont for get  to check out my Facebook group gorilla prospecting and miner

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 10:08:41 AM »
in a better late than never group  This was the general ARAP permit as it was released for public comment:
http://www.tennessee.gov/assets/entities/environment/attachments/ppo_noph15-005_general-permit.pdf

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:31:05 AM by chiptrip »
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »
We need to look into the paragraph that talks about Public Hunting areas. Where are they relating to creeks where we prospect?
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]