Author Topic: Non gold mineral dig  (Read 1415 times)

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
Non gold mineral dig
« on: August 30, 2015, 10:57:21 PM »
Sharpes Emerald Prospect!
Hiddenite, NC

Friday September 25th ? Saturday September 26th, 2015

Official Field Trip of the Mountain Area Gem and Mineral Association

All rockhounds and clubs are welcome to attend this dig.

We will be doing some dozer and track hoe machine work at the site to open it up for better collecting opportunities. There will also be a small track hoe on site during the dig to help the diggers find material.

Tools: Shovel, pick, hammer, chisel, sifting screen, buckets, newspaper for wrapping.

The dig will begin on Friday and Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m. and will end at 5:00 p.m. each day. No camping permitted at the site. There are hotels located in nearby Taylorsville and Statesville. Camping is available at the Hiddenite Family campground www.hiddenitecampground.com

Fees: $25 per person, per day (Non MAGMA members), $20 per person, per day (Paid MAGMA members only, must show valid 2015-2016 membership card to get discount), children under 12 are free.

Absolutely no illegal drugs are permitted on this, or any MAGMA sponsored function. Any violation of this will result in the immediate removal of the offending party.

Trip Leaders: Upon arrival, find the trip leaders, Jesse and Andrea Sackett to fill out release forms and make payment.

Directions: From I-40 take exit 132 toward NC 16. Follow NC 16 N to Hwy. 64 East, follow 64 East to Prichard Lane, turn left on Prichard Lane, look for MAGMA sign on right. If coming from Statesville on 64 West, look for Prichard Lane on the right.
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748

BigAl

• Chapter President
  • Administrator
  • 49er. 1000 to 1249 posts!
    • My Website
Re: Non gold mineral dig
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:59:35 PM »
I went to this one last year. Lots of Smoky Quartz and large Mica books. Also some green and yellow Beryl was found. Good potential for Emeralds here, though to my knowledge none have been found so far.

I will probably be going and would be happy to have more from our ranks attend.

Al
Coker Creek Chapter President
Former Coker Creek GPAA Chapter Vice President (Sept 2008-June 2014)
atrotter3563@yahoo.com
www.ProspectorAl.com
YouTube.com/prospectoral
(865) 748-9818
GPAA Membership # 240748