Author Topic: oliver springs area?  (Read 3198 times)

skunkass

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
oliver springs area?
« on: October 23, 2015, 10:34:14 PM »
Yea. I was wondering if anyone has done any prospecting or rockhounding in the Oliver springs TN area? Me wife's aunt has some property there. And want use to come look it over.  80+  acers  with a good creek. ;)
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees......
impeach!

Auprospector

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
Re: oliver springs area?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 07:18:38 AM »
Where is Oliver Springs.  Directions would help, and can I go along ?

Russ (auprospector )

DGurley

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • GPAA Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 08:18:09 PM »
Oliver Springs is just on the West side of Oak Ridge about 10 miles on so Russ it was a very small town in the 90's but it has growed up a lot now.

:D
David Gurley

samcox

• ck out my yt vids: Look up little river Gold
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 03:14:51 PM »
i own a stretch of creek coming off the mountains just north of oliver springs i never looked in it but it has good run off and rock beds its at my rental house id take someone there. i only have about 80' but i promise you this its undisturbed whats there been there for yrs, any one interested in checking it out with me?  as far as oliver springs the creek running thru it the poplar is heavy on mus n silt but it may be another creek at the proprty to in question Skunk
my videos on youtube are under  Adventures with sam and Victoria. I have several playlist so look at the prospecting list for some goofy prospecting vids, Be blessed, and enjoy!

Woodspirit

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 07:59:31 AM »
 :( People are getting desperate!  :-X

skunkass

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »
:( People are getting desperate!  :-X
I wouldn't say that. That's part of being a prospector. If you just want to be a "digger" searching through others tailings ? Not me! Lol  I love thrill of the hunt. ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:48:23 AM by skunkass »
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees......
impeach!

samcox

• ck out my yt vids: Look up little river Gold
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 12:16:55 PM »
my place there in frost bottom as known locally is at the foot of a mountain which only flattens out about 200 yds up stream of my owned access. the creek is usually 6-12 inches dropping a foot through my section alot of large rock and very little mud. mostly rock and sand... up the mountain lies the coal creek coal mine. coal trucks run past the property every day cept sunday. its also on the MC ride known as the devils triangle a highly acclaimed 500+ curve experience for the biker enthused. does it gold never checked does it have gems never checked, is it a nice looking babbling brook absolutely.
my videos on youtube are under  Adventures with sam and Victoria. I have several playlist so look at the prospecting list for some goofy prospecting vids, Be blessed, and enjoy!