Author Topic: General ARAP Permit Update  (Read 1035 times)

Rich Robinson

• Director of Chapters - GPAA
  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • Tennessee State Director,
General ARAP Permit Update
« on: December 07, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »
Hello everyone,

I know it has been a while since i have updated you on things going on with TDEC, but there has not been much information to share. Since the public comment period passed several months ago, I have met with TDEC on multiple occasions to discuss revisions that have been made to the document. None of the changes have been made were unexpected. There were some minor changes in languagenot nothing the affects our ability to prospect.

The most significant change was in the general rules. This change affects private land. TDEC had initially agreed to eliminate the stream width requirement on private land for class 1 operations. The Southern Environmental Legal Center objected to this stating that if TDEC had determined that a stream width requirement was necessary on public land to keep the activiity "De Minimus" then the state could not allow anything beyond a "De Minimis" actvity on private land. So the stream width requirements are the same for class 1 as they were last year. YOu must be in a stream with 5 ft of wetted width.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have concerning the rules. TDEC will be issuing the permit very soon. The
Director has it on her desk to be signed, I will let you know as soon as it is issued and will post it here.

Richard

Former Tennessee State Director rrobinson1791@gmail.com
615-587-3397