Author Topic: NEW General ARAP Release  (Read 2777 times)

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
NEW General ARAP Release
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:35:04 AM »
  The General ARAP permit we've been waiting on has finally been released.  You can find it here http://www.tennessee.gov/assets/entities/environment/attachments/water_permit_arap-gp_recreational-prospecting.pdf .  This includes the rules for the General ARAP.  Please don't confuse this with the Individual ARAP the Chapter received last year.  This must be applied for individually, through TDEC for Class 2 prospecting.  There is a quick turnaround on these but for Class 2 Prospecting you do have a $50 fee.  Please see the link for more details.

Chip
(on Behalf of Richard who is hard at work)
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

daddydave

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
Re: NEW General ARAP Release
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »
AS I read this, no class 2 is allowed in the
Cherokee Nat'l forest.  Am I correct? >:(

DGurley

• GPAA Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 04:28:12 PM »
The only place you can do class 2 is on the GPAA property and on private property if you know someone that will let you do it. We lost everything when it comes to prospecting and No hope of getting it back. But that's how it goes when you try to do things without legal help You are on your own now.

::)   :o   ;D
David Gurley

hlyarbrough

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 12:59:25 PM »
The only place you can do class 2 is on the GPAA property and on private property if you know someone that will let you do it. We lost everything when it comes to prospecting and No hope of getting it back. But that's how it goes when you try to do things without legal help You are on your own now.

::)   :o   ;D
It looks like we have essentially lost even class 1 prospecting in the Cherokee National Forest unless I'm missing something, since you can't do even class 1 on streams unless they have a wetted width of more than 20 feet.

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 05:11:50 PM »
What we need to do now is to search for private land. We have better regulations on some of Coker Creek that we can use our Individual GPAA Permit on.
If anyone knows of private land owners that live in gold producing areas, have then contact Richard or Chip.
We will gladly do a free gold survey of their land.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

daddydave

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 05:23:59 PM »
The mystery continues - does the Cherokee Nat'l Forest fall under the auspices of the TWRA as outlined in the Supplemental addition outlined in this new release for Class 1? 

Why is it always written so that a prospector needs to look over his shoulder taking the joy out of the activity wondering if he's breaking the law?  Or adding a further comment; this sort of goobledy goop opens the door for a law abiding citizen to break the law in order to fulfill his rights as outlined by the Federal mining regulations presented a long time ago?    :'(

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 05:46:37 PM »
I am sure Richard will respond to your question as he has worked close with TWRA on the permit.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

DGurley

• GPAA Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 07:03:54 PM »
Daddydave if you want to prospect you got to be an Outlaw now no if's and or butts it's over just keep your mouth shut and do it.
David Gurley

daddydave

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 06:17:26 PM »
Dave, I raised the question as there are a lot of folks on the board that are thoroughly confused.  As for me I'll continue what I've always done.  At my age I'll be dead and gone long before the regulations get changed.   ;)

DGurley

• GPAA Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 06:51:56 PM »
Daddydave if you need help PM me

Take care Later
David Gurley

jbbivens

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 02:44:53 PM »
I read the new permit and all the streams in the Cherokee National Forest are classified as Exceptional Waterways, therefore there is no more panning.  I did call the Tellico Ranger Station and ask about the topic.  They verbally stated the only two creeks in the Tellico Ranger District that you could pan on is Wildcat Creek and Lyons Creek where the creek is 20ft wide or greater.  However both are listed as an exceptional Waterway on the TN Website which by the writing on the permit would also make them a prohibited area to pan.

http://environment-online.state.tn.us:8080/pls/enf_reports/f?p=9034:34304:3464687082026:::::

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 03:59:33 PM »
The exceptional waterway exclusion clause is specific to certain conditions. Those conditions are not met at Wildcat or Lyons Creek.  These were both specifically approved by TDEC and permission was granted by the forest service for the individual permit issued to the Chapter.
  It is not unreasonable to believe that these streams would also be allowed for the general permit, assuming all additional conditions are met.
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017