Author Topic: 222 People online seem to want to talk to each other  (Read 3725 times)

Making Rock Soup

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
222 People online seem to want to talk to each other
« on: April 20, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »
I really just want to make a suggestion.  Lots of people are here.  Very few recent posts.
I just think it would put a large amount of life into the site, & generate greater involvement among us all than face-book postings or the forums posting methods allow for.

We have a post limit problem as far as site size relating to the cost to maintain huge amounts of postings, (i read that in the last year). 

I know of a chat program that is free, no ads, can lock out random non-members if needs to be done.
It can be added to cokercreek's website on any page desired. 

It has an ability to have several "Owner's" - several "Moderators" - and up to 50 or so "Members" could speak to each other all in the same space at the same time.  Also allows for private member to member speaking as well.

It uses "nicknames" you choose for yourself, that you can "register" to yourself or not, or just use whatever it randomly generates as a default "nickname" which would change every time you entered, but you can change it back to anything.

Owner's & Moderators could "kick out" anyone who is "disruptive" or "disrespectful"
Members themselves have the option to "Ignore" which makes any chosen other not seen (their posts) & unable to see your posts.

It is called: xat.com     It is located at: xat.com

I think you can learn more about it from that site itself as well as on wikipedia.
I used it myself, but in a chat room for religious study only.  I used it for nearly 6 years.  I even moderated in it for a number of those years early on.  It can be used by any company, or group, even for "board meetings."

It is very simple to create, very simple to remove if it doesn't please everyone to have it available.
It cannot be logged by anyone.  Except by taking screen shots & posting them to some other document you might choose to create.

Making Rock Soup

Re: 222 People online seem to want to talk to each other
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 05:19:37 PM »
People might want to post if this would interest them so that the cocker creek gpaa, would know there is an interest in this idea or not one.

samcox

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • ck out my yt vids: Look up little river Gold
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 10:35:23 AM »
it could work but in the end most of us drop in read post or comment and drop out i like the pm function although chat may be a viable option, or addition i am in many groups and find even those with chat lay dormant very often! but nothing ventured nothing gained...
my videos on youtube are under  Adventures with sam and Victoria. I have several playlist so look at the prospecting list for some goofy prospecting vids, Be blessed, and enjoy!

darylt01

• Chapter Treasurer 2017-2018
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 09:31:42 AM »
I usually check the forum, 2 times a day unless someone PM's me. I personally really have no need for a IM system, I watch over the Facebook page a lot, and I try to answer anyone who has a question when it pops up on there. Thats my 2 cents, for what they are worth. Have a great day, and be blessed.
Jimmy Darrell Thomas
Blue Lightning Industries
darylt01@bellsouth.net
615-830-6990

Making Rock Soup

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 10:02:20 AM »
it wasn't a big deal, just sharing an additional option that maybe no one knew was available. 

myself, i was kind of interested in discussing some surrounding land that is up for sale as i am an interested buyer at this time.

i have been looking at 38 acres just off of/on unicoi lakes road. seems it has no road access, is bordered front & back by the national forest.  contains a waterfall, 2 creeks, but nothing is flat anywhere. 

didn't really want to post it in the forums, but would have loved to chat with people a bit, who are familiar with the area & possibly that property itself. 

real estate agent mentioned someone from gpaa has looked at this property, wanted it, but the price was beyond what they could spend. they are asking $99,999.00 no electric, no septic, no road, no water.. lol, but i still kind of want it.. idk..

i will likely do some purchasing research in the 3 nearby states that are along the gold & gemstone bearing regions, as well as the appalachian trail.. so my locations are not limited.

Making Rock Soup

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 10:08:15 AM »
i'd ideally like to jew them down to $30,000. - $50,000. range full payment with no mortgage & no real estate agent.. lots of luck on that i know.. but you never know until you try and ask.

Making Rock Soup

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 10:15:44 AM »
i have noticed a strange discrepancy on bare unimproved land sales.. seems that if a property sold 5 years ago for 19,000. it is now listed for sale for 190,000. and i know land didn't go up that much.. what is going on? it seems to be a universal occurrence among realty companies.

Making Rock Soup

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 10:22:55 AM »
Just saying that the $99,999.00 property was probably also worth only $10,000. five years ago... yet a bank mortgage over 30 years would have you paying a whopping $300,000.00 dollars for that same property as it is currently listed at $99,999.00.
I am not a dummy.

chiptrip

• Administrator
  • Old Timer: 500 to 749 posts
  • cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 11:18:56 AM »
We're (GPAA) looking at several properties to see if we can Lease them.  Most owners aren't interested in leasing at rates we can afford.  There are a few smaller properties that might be worth close to the price but they are still in the 10k/ac range.
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

samcox

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • ck out my yt vids: Look up little river Gold
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 12:42:43 PM »
Chip 5 10 acre lots is better at a ttl of 50 acres, than none! can we send peeps to assertain their worth? hate to lease a dead section of creek... then be locked in it a yr.
my videos on youtube are under  Adventures with sam and Victoria. I have several playlist so look at the prospecting list for some goofy prospecting vids, Be blessed, and enjoy!

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 04:37:37 PM »
We would always send a small group to any area to test it before we ever agreed to a lease .
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]