Author Topic: Prospecting rant  (Read 1767 times)

DGurley

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • GPAA Member
Prospecting rant
« on: July 31, 2016, 08:52:12 PM »
OK, take the money you will spend on this show and find a lawyer to get our rights back. You, the GPAA, are wanting more people to join your organization then you need to help provide us with creeks to prospect in.  We only have One in the Coker Creek area that has gold in it Wildcat Creek and you have to be 1/2 goat to get to it. I think we need to take all our funds from our club and fight this thing while we still have 2 and 1/2 years to get the rest of the money we need. I have talked to several members and they feel the same way I do if we don't get more places to prospect then we are not renewing our membership in the GPAA. My question to the GPAA Board is why should anyone join the GPAA when they can go to the same places you go without being a member and the dredging permit was a waist of money we have No where to use it. So if you want this club to Live we need to get started doing something to get us Back in the water where we once was. This club was told at one time to shut up about this permit thing it would take 5 to 8 years for the Gov. to get around to it. If we had only did that we would still be in the water but some just had to have a permit to know where they stood so now we know. It's time to fight back now or just let it go that's up to us as a Group Not just 2 or 3 people in the GPAA.

And that is my two cents worth
The Outlaw
David Gurley

skunkass

Re: Prospecting rant
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 09:08:50 PM »
OK, take the money you will spend on this show and find a lawyer to get our rights back. You, the GPAA, are wanting more people to join your organization then you need to help provide us with creeks to prospect in.  We only have One in the Coker Creek area that has gold in it Wildcat Creek and you have to be 1/2 goat to get to it. I think we need to take all our funds from our club and fight this thing while we still have 2 and 1/2 years to get the rest of the money we need. I have talked to several members and they feel the same way I do if we don't get more places to prospect then we are not renewing our membership in the GPAA. My question to the GPAA Board is why should anyone join the GPAA when they can go to the same places you go without being a member and the dredging permit was a waist of money we have No where to use it. So if you want this club to Live we need to get started doing something to get us Back in the water where we once was. This club was told at one time to shut up about this permit thing it would take 5 to 8 years for the Gov. to get around to it. If we had only did that we would still be in the water but some just had to have a permit to know where they stood so now we know. It's time to fight back now or just let it go that's up to us as a Group Not just 2 or 3 people in the GPAA.

The Outlaw

Well put. That much money would go along way  for ya'lls club to hopefully turn this travisty around.

The Outlaw
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees......

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 08:54:33 PM »
Well put. That much money would go along way  for ya'lls club to hopefully turn this travisty around.

it wouldn't make a dent...
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 09:12:44 PM »

The Outlaw

Congratulations David!  You are appointed Chair of the land search committee.  I will be happy to provide you time at the next meeting to introduce your committee and explain how you plan to move forward.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:26:10 PM by chiptrip »
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

DGurley

• GPAA Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 12:43:05 PM »

I am not the "GPAA TN State Representative" but I have taken the initiative to search out and contact several landowners in the Coker Creek area for the betterment of the club. Tell me, how many other people can make this claim?

I have spoken to 3 landowners. Of the 3, they all said "No club will be prospecting on our land". However, certain persons are allowed to prospect by invitation only. Meaning, no groups allowed.

These landowners will be kept confidential for their privacy.
I have tried to contact 5 or 6 landowners, which have Coker Creek running through their property, of which none will return our calls or answer our letters. We have also shared these people's contact with Richard. Richard has not been able to get a response.

With this said, the fight is not with the landowners but with the Rangers for closing all but two creeks. And limiting our tools to a pan and trowel.
The Coker Creek area has been open to prospecting for over one hundred years and what damage has occurred in that time period?
List the damages, please!

The GPAA is spending big money on a show in Tennessee to promote their club and hobby. In a state, where prospecting is virtually dead. What sense does that make?
Why not take the money the GPAA will be spending on this show in Nashville, also raffle the prizes for additional money and contact a Good lawyer to at least represent our cause. We need representation!

Brandon Johnson can do a write up in the GPAA monthly magazine about how the GPAA is forfeiting a show to spend the money in the attempt to regain our rights to prospect in the Cherokee National Forest. This will show other Eastern States the GPAA is actually concerned with paying members East of the Mississippi.

Bottom line....

The government has assigned themselves as custodians to the CNF. With lack of funds and manpower, the Rangers have limited through their rules, the access to creeks so to discourage us the prospector from enjoying our hobby. I see the fishermen and hunters are still enjoy their hobby.

With representation, I bet we as prospectors might get our hobby back.

"Prospector's Lives Matter" LOL

The Outlaw

PS I Will be at your next meeting so Get as many people there as you can Please. We The People Need To Talk. If GPAA is Not going to help us in any way Why should we Fill there pockets with Our money?
David Gurley

samcox

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • ck out my yt vids: Pastor Sam and Victoria
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 09:57:36 PM »
i agree David we can only regain our rights to usage thru the courts, we have been singled out and discriminated against. they are recreational racist, we need a lawyer and file a civil suit of several million dollars for wrongful  censor and deliberate discrimination. a million per chapter member to include non gpaa members that affiliate with the Coker creek chapter, that ought to suffice... then we can afford to purchase our own recreational land for prospecting usage if they fail to return our right to access the same waters open to fishing
my videos on youtube are under Pastor sam and Victoria. I have several playlist so look at the prospecting list for some goofy prospecting vids, Be blessed, and enjoy!