Author Topic: EPA  (Read 1565 times)

Cody

• Board_Of_Directors
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
    • Tn Prospecting
EPA
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »
With trump appointing someone who has strong views against the EPA to lead the EPA will we see some creeks opened back up? Has the EPA even hurt us or is it individual park services? I am not against the EPA nor Park Service, I believe some regulations must be put in place and maintained but I believe some are way to harsh. Let me know what you think.
Cody Frye
GPAA Member
Tnprospecting.com

ABrooks

Re: EPA
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:43:27 AM »
The EPA has alot to do with what's happend to us. They don't act alone though, Obama and Clinton were behind this as well. As far as what's going to happen now I don't know, but if we don't do something while we have a chance, we aren't going anywhere. So, i still have my fingers crossed.
Austin (AKA The Gold Hound)

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 12:33:48 PM »
The November turn of events has certainly opened up the possibility that we may have some rules lifted if not lightened.  So hope grows.
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

sysbee

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 10:48:53 AM »
 problem might be reversing what was put in place. I just want to dredge the rivers find my gram of gold spend 350 on my weekend trip go to the house it's not much to ask...Maybe I should stay home buy 1/4 Oz off ebay and sell my dredge. Is trump planing to replace the EPA folks?
Dredgers like it deep

Woodspirit

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 01:54:39 PM »
Now would be a great time to have the GPAA, The New49ers, A.M.R.A. along with Keene, Proline and others to send MR. Scott Pruitt a letter asking for help.
I would also send Mr. Trump a copy as well.
With all of the documented studies showing gold prospecting is not harmful to the rivers and streams, I see no reason why Mr. Pruitt would not try to help us.

In June 2015, the EPA issued the Clean Water Rule, which added the regulation of streams, ditches, ponds, creeks, wetlands, and high water marks related to those bodies of water. In July 2015, Pruitt filed a lawsuit against the EPA with the goal of having the rule declared unconstitutional.

sysbee

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 08:19:38 AM »
ryan zinke send it to this guy's office also Jan 20th going to be the new Secretary of interior. Which in previous history he's disagreed with how the EPA has been ran wants to open up land for oil and gas and make the United States less dependent on foreign oil which I agree if we're going to use it we might as well get it here and since I would see gold mining as less of an impact than digging oil or natural gas why not.  the only thing we should be concerned about is as long as we're not polluting the water downstream from where somebody is getting there drinking water there should not be an issue. And as far as I know nobody uses chemicals to go gold mining
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 08:23:30 AM by sysbee »
Dredgers like it deep

Roc

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 06:19:43 PM »
send Trump a membership. that would help.