Author Topic: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market  (Read 2115 times)

Chuck Pharis

  • Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • ******
  • Posts: 1808
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:34:46 PM »
We are going to have a chapter flea market after our April 15, 2017 Chapter meeting. This will happen rain or shine. The location will be on our Coker Creek Chapter property unless the weather is really bad. If an alternate location is needed, we will let you know before the meeting.
Anyone is invited to sell. We are asking for outdoor related items only. You do not have to be a GPAA member to sell at the flea market. Dealers are welcome. 
The following new or used items are ok to sell:
1. Anything relating to gold prospecting, raw gold, dredges, high bankers, gold pans, etc.
2. Rocks, gems, minerals, jewelry, rock and gem processing equipment, etc.
3. Anything relating to camping, tents, outdoor cooking, hiking and the great outdoors.
4. Fishing tackle, etc.
5. Hunting. NOTE: No guns to be sold or displayed in the open. What you do privately in your own vehicle is up to you. Knives, swords, archery, etc are ok. as long as it is legal, you can sell it.
6. You may even bring a camper or tent to sell if you want to. We have the space.

You must take your unsold items back home with you.

Please do not bring household items, and yard sale junk. This is not a yard sale. It is an outdoor related flea market.

Ok, now that I have your interest,,,,,,, what is in this for you!
Well you can clean out all the outdoor related stuff you have been hoarding for years.
You might get some well needed spending money to buy more stuff! PLUS, we will have a special drawing for everyone who sells. Everyone who sets up a flea market area will get one free ticket. We will draw 2 tickets. One ticket for a gold nugget and another for a bag of gold pay dirt, donated by Chuck Pharis. I will post a photo of the nugget and pay dirt here soon. FREE GOLD, you can't pass this up!

Finally we are asking that if you want to sell, please reply to this posting with a list of what you want to sell. Please post photos too. Photos always bring out more buyers. Try and keep your photos down to about 500K each. If you can't downsize your photos, please email them to chuck@pharis-video.com and I will downsize them for you.
You may update your listing as many times as you want up to the night before the flea market. Last minute additions are welcome.
So please RSVP here if you plan to sell.
This topic will probably be deleted a week after the flea market.  Any unsold items may be moved (by you) to the Items for sale topic on our forum.

We hope to have a huge turnout. Come to the meeting at 10 am, then set up your sale area. You may bring a canopy if you want.
I will update this posting often. I (Chuck Pharis) plan to have a lot of items to sell. Photos to come soon.
If you have any questions, please post them here.
Chuck Pharis
 
 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 02:43:02 PM by Chuck Pharis »
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

chiptrip

  • Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • ******
  • Posts: 767
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
Re: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 06:56:38 AM »
Hi Chuck!
  The Chapter will have some Items there, Some pans and some nice hardware that we've been packing for some time.  We'll also have some paydirt available but only a limited supply. 

  I also have a few items that I will bring too.  Some small mineral specimens, a Keene Cleanup sluice, and a Martin Miller table, and maybe a shaker table depending on how much room I have.
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

Chuck Pharis

  • Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • ******
  • Posts: 1808
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 06:53:34 PM »
Here are photos of the gold for the special flea market vendor drawing.
We will draw 2 tickets. One for the nugget and one for the gold/dirt bag.
The gold nugget is beautiful and has quartz throughout it. Of course it is enlarged for the photo.
The gold/dirt/black sand bag has flower gold and a few tiny pickers.
I will be offering over 2 ounces of gold nuggets for sale. The vials run from $10.00 to $25.00 each. Well under spot price. Buy 3 vials and get a special discount.
There are 144 vials in the gold pan.
Please join us at the April chapter meeting.
Chuck Pharis
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

ABrooks

  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • ***
  • Posts: 183
Re: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 10:32:55 PM »
I want one of those nuggets. :D What would you think one of those nuggets would weigh? My guess is around a third of a gram.
Austin (AKA The Gold Hound)

Chuck Pharis

  • Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • ******
  • Posts: 1808
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 09:02:50 PM »
Some weigh up to 1 gram, maybe a little over. Many are much less. I am not selling them by weight. Pick out all you want, and I will price them by size and shape when sold.
$10.00 to $25.00 a vial.
I put over 2 ounces in vials and normally sell these at Flea markets. I will offer a below than spot price at our April flea market.
All the gold was found by me in Calif and Alaska. Mostly by dredging and crevicing.
I am slowly selling off a lot of my gold. Not doing me much good in my safe. I have had some of this gold for over 40 years.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

daddydave

  • Newbie
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • ***
  • Posts: 182
Re: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 12:55:35 PM »
I'll be there if the weather is gonna cooperate.  Will have all of my prospecting goodies to sell.  My camera will not be good enough to keep the resolution low enough to send pics,  but everything is self explanatory.

     
Explorer sluice, two home made Bazooka sluices, some 1/4" ABS plastic (at least a 2' X 4' piece), a 10' X 10' folding shelter  (like new),  pruning pole, usual assortment of green pans, classifiers, buckets, shovels, picks, rakes. Army duffle bag, prospecting books, large plastic mortar box to drag the stuff around in, suckers, a pair of new insulated chest waders - size 12 with my old uninsulated chest waters with a slight weeping leak and a can of waterproofing).

Will check the attic to see if I can find a box of geodes and rocks from the south-west.

Tom Twosocks

  • Member
  • Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • ****
  • Posts: 273
Re: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 02:45:42 PM »
Daddy Dave

Can I get thosee Geodes and Rocks ?

Tom

Ooltewah, Tn

daddydave

  • Newbie
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
  • ***
  • Posts: 182
Re: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 04:53:09 PM »
Tom - gotta find them and check them out first.  will get back to ya.

Chuck Pharis

  • Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • ******
  • Posts: 1808
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 08:15:46 PM »
The weather in my area (16 miles South of our property shows 78 degrees and 10% chance of rain this Sat. That means a 90% chance it will NOT rain!
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Chuck Pharis

  • Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • ******
  • Posts: 1808
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 10:46:59 PM »
So if it rains or snows, you will probably blame MEEEEEEEE!
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Chuck Pharis

  • Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • ******
  • Posts: 1808
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Coker Creek Chapter April 2017 Flea Market
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 02:50:12 PM »
The chapter wants to thank everyone who came today and sold items in the flea market.
We had a nice turnout. I wish more items could have been sold.
If you have unsold items, please take photos and list them on our for sale/wanted forum topic.
Chuck Pharis
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]