Author Topic: Tellico river  (Read 409 times)

rolandslone

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
Tellico river
« on: April 30, 2017, 06:26:26 PM »
Ok I know I am being a pain.  Was looking at Tellico river on YouTube.  What kind of equipment can you use there and not get into trouble?  Where is the Tellico ranger station at? What are some good spots and how to get there.  Thanks for any info.

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Tellico river
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 06:54:53 PM »
The Tellico river is closed to all prospecting. No panning, nada.
Take Cherohala Skyway out of Tellico Plains. After a few miles turn right on River Rd.
Lyons Creek and Wildcat Creek are in this area.
The Tellico Ranger Station is on Ranger Station Road before Bald River Falls. Look for a sign on the Left. They are open M-F for visitors.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

rolandslone

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 06:58:09 PM »
Thanks

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 06:40:24 AM »
Actually the Tellico river is closed only inside the National Forest.  Outside the forest, you may do Class 1 (non-motorized) activity.  This is due to the width of the river.  The Rules allow for Class 1 this activity in areas that still have protected critters after a certain width is Reached.  This is under the General Permit rules though, as our Chapter Permit does not cover that area.  Please check the TDEC website for details.  This does require you be on private land.  There are a few businesses that will allow you access to the river.
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 08:11:11 AM »
Yes, thanks Chip for mentioning that. Prospecting on Private land in TN is ok, with a Permit and certain restrictions. If in question, call TDEC and ask them. I comment was only for National Forest Land. Sorry if I did not mention that in my last post.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]