Author Topic: places to find gold  (Read 990 times)

ewwon

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
places to find gold
« on: May 25, 2017, 01:41:56 AM »
I have detected several places. such as public parks,beach,garden, underwater.
Which place has the biggest possibilities to detect gold?
No illegal places.
Some historical sites are not permitted.
I am desperate for hidden treasure with my gold metal detector.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:03:54 PM by chiptrip »

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
Re: places to find gold
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 04:55:18 AM »
It largely depends on what type of detector you are using, and the type of "treasure" you are looking for.
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 09:53:58 AM »
Here is a little detecting 101.
There not are many places that you can legally detect in TN on public land. But it is amazing what can happen if you simply go to a local Chamber Of Commerce and ask if you can detect in a city park, beaches and public places. Tell them that you will pick up and remove harmful trash and most will let you detect. I have been able to detect in State Parks all over the USA by stating that I will stay in picnic and swimming areas and not dig in wildlife areas. The Rangers seem happy that I will clean up these areas of sharp objects and fill in my holes. I show them a small hand trowel and not a #2 shovel. After I detect, I stop by and show them the trash I picked up.
Of course many say "NO" and I accept that and move on.
Of course one of the best places to detect for gold is in creeks and gravel bars near creeks. When the creeks over flows in storms, gold might drop in gravel way above the normal water line. Many miss this and only look in the water. Learning on how to "read a creek" is very important. Just because there has not been water near creeks for hundreds of years, does not mean there is not gold there. At flood stage, creeks can be much wider than you think. Sometimes way over the banks. Even hundreds of feet! Now those areas might be covered in 6' of weeds and even trees.
Always ask permission before detecting anywhere. You might surprised on how many "oks" you get. Invite the land owner to go with you and show them how your detector works. If you find anything, give them a piece of gold, a coin or artifact and then they might let you keep the rest and even invite you back. Ask to detect around their house or barn if it looks old. Even open farm land can contain valuable goodies. 
Finally I always bring a few different size gold pickers, jewelry and coins with me. Since the ground is different all over the World, I bury a them in the area I want to detect and tune my detector to the (salted) ground at different depths.
Maybe we should have a detecting class at one of our chapter meetings.
Good luck,
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Desy59

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 06:30:55 AM »
Very well written information. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including myself. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
wells fargo customer service
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:43:59 PM by Desy59 »