Author Topic: Godwin - Coker Creek Lease Closing Sept 26th 2017  (Read 1146 times)

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Sourdough: 750-999 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
Godwin - Coker Creek Lease Closing Sept 26th 2017
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »
All,

This has been mentioned at the meetings and other places on this forum, but having spoken with John the buyer this weekend here is the latest.  John tells me that he bought the property as a place to retire, and isn't interested in continuing the lease.  As of Sept 26th, the property will be closed.  He will begin putting up no trespassing/Private Property signs at that point.  While there are still local area where we will be able to continue to pan.  We will no longer be able to dredge or highbank, as this is the only property where we have permission at this point. 

I would ask that all those who read this please respect John's decision.  It is his land, and there are no hard feelings sparking his decision.  We would like to keep it that way, hopefully keeping the door open to the possibility possible we could have an event there at some point in the future should he agree to it.

Rest assured that as State Director I am continuing the help search for Land.  However, my resources are stretched a bit thin, between work, family obligations, and distance.  All help offered is appreciated.  IF YOU or someone YOU KNOW personally (not from a land search, I can do that here in Nashville) has land in the Coker Creek area.  Please approach them to see if they might be willing to discuss sharing their land with either the Chapter, or the GPAA.

Thank you,

Chip
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

hillbillygold

• Board_Of_Directors
  • Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • GPAA member,WEGM member,board member,chapt. sec.
Re: Godwin - Coker Creek Lease Closing Sept 26th 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 06:55:36 PM »
Has anyone talked about actually putting in ad in the local paper and asking to see if we get any response???

Tom Twosocks

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
Re: Godwin - Coker Creek Lease Closing Sept 26th 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:18:09 PM »
Could also put a "Wanted" Ad in Craig'e List for Free!