Author Topic: Diggers expedition  (Read 2776 times)

AlmostExtinct

• Newbie: 0 to 49 posts
Diggers expedition
« on: October 13, 2017, 04:00:54 PM »
Howdy,

Does anyone have any info on the upcoming GPAA/LDMA Diggers expedition coming up?  Rumor has it that it will be held in the coker creek are.   Looking for any and all info so I can start making plans Thank You

chiptrip

• Tennessee State Director
  • Administrator
  • Old Timer: 500 to 749 posts
  • (423) 371-3049 cokercreekprospector@gmail.com
Re: Diggers expedition
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:22:04 PM »
At this point, there is very little information published about this.  I will be attending the Gold Show in Indianapolis and see if there is anything announced.  If not I will ask if there is anything they can release.    I have heard rumors that camping will be a strictly "primitive" (I'm not entirely sure what that means).  From discussions at the Loud Mine outing it will be an "Authentic" prospecting experience, with the potential for "ounces" of Gold to be found.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:23:58 PM by chiptrip »
Coker Creek Chapter President 2015-2017

digi

• MercuryBoarder
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 04:26:27 PM »
Hmm, Indy, maybe I should go into the office that week. haha

chiptrip

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:57:41 AM »
Ok update,  I have also learned this is planned to be in the "Coker Creek region",  not sure entirely what that means, but sounds like close to home to me.

AlmostExtinct

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 10:23:46 AM »
Any news on when the details will be made public? Would like to know about pricing and details about camping,amenities,food,etc... Hard to make plans with all the details that seem to be secret at this point...Thanks.

chiptrip

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 10:26:28 AM »
I kind of coerced that much out of them at this point.  I hope to learn more this weekend, when I expect to get some time.  I get the feeling that there is still potentially some paperwork that needs to be finalized before it can be published.  More details when I have them, I promise.  What I will say is that I have been asked to refer questions about lodging back to the office.  There may be more they haven't officially published except to paid participants yet.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:29:06 AM by chiptrip »

AlmostExtinct

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 06:40:31 PM »
Hey Chip, Thanks for the updates. Seems everyone is somewhat in the dark as far as details.I called California and they had even less to say as far as details at this point.I was wondering if you had heard if this property will be a new GPAA/LDMA claim in the works  or if this was a private land owner opening up his land for a one shot deal? Also heard it will be about 800-850 per week? And only 25 participants  Would love to be a part of this but can not justify 1700 dollars for me and the old woman without verifiable details. I want to get locked in soon so i don't miss it so any updates or details would be appreciated...Nothing at all in the new pick and shovel as It came today.  Thanks again

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 06:53:17 PM »
I would suggest that we all wait for the exact details from Chip when he gets them.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

AlmostExtinct

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 08:13:19 PM »
Chuck, Sir... As much as i respect your right to jump in and comment on my post that was not directed to you personally, I must remind you that it is also my right to post my questions and thoughts on a PUBLIC forum without interjection from a third party.I find your interference offensive to me.If in anyway i was out of line or crossing lines it is not up to you to post suggestions about backing off till the needed info was available. It would be up to the party i was messaging  Not You. If in fact if I  had heard it from him I would have gladly backed off until an update was available. I am not sure what position you hold as far as mediator or message management  but I fought many years for the rights of myself and you and anyone else with a keyboard to express their questions and comments without a third party offering their negative input. I am sure there are better things you can focus on than putting your personal input into someone else's  posts.

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 11:49:01 PM »
All I was saying is we should let Chip (as TN State Director) do his job. When he gets more accurate information, he will post it.
I meant nothing more than that. My comment was directed to everyone.
For your information, I was the chapter President for 5 years and am now the Forum Administrator and member of the chapter Board Of Directors.
Please, lets keep everything cool here.
All is good.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

chiptrip

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 08:57:32 AM »
This is what is published in the Sept/Oct Gold Prospector Magazine regarding the Diggers Expedition.  At this point,  I have very little more I can share.  However, based on other outings like this Fees will be based on membership level.

chiptrip

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 03:56:09 PM »
Ok, I'm back from the Gold show.  Unfortunately,  I was not finished walking the floor when I was hit with a spell of light headedness (Stress, Antibiotics, and dieting do not mix well), that caused me to pass out, ending up in the E.R.  Lots of fun.

That said I'm mostly recovered, and made the 4+ hour drive home.  However, Prior to my ER visit, I did have a minute or two with Dominic.  As Promised, I asked and he is still not able to release more than has been published.  He is still waiting an a few final details before he is ready for official announcements.  He did remind me that I can refer any questions to the Home office and they should be able to provide some information, but until it is finally published I really don't have any more. - Sorry, I was hoping for a bit more.

hillbillygold

• Board_Of_Directors
  • Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • GPAA member,WEGM member,board member,chapt. sec.
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 11:59:02 PM »
 :( I stayed out of the forum for awhile because of all the negativity  :(...and none of us should have to do that. This is one of the best forums out there and a great place to meet and talk to our fellow prospectors and learn from each other. This event is still a year away... why are we getting so worked up about it. I'm sure a lot of people would like to get" locked in" but the fact of the matter is ... we don't have all the details and its still a long way down the road until this event happens... until then ... please lets keep it peacefull.

chiptrip

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 08:32:03 AM »
We've just crossed a major hurdle.  Please be watching for more details to be released in this soon.  I expect something more in the next publication, if not on the national website sooner.

Chip

Cody

• Board_Of_Directors
  • Jr. Member: 50 to 99 posts
    • Tn Prospecting
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 08:20:35 AM »
Hey, Hope everyone is well. I see the expedition is starting on the 8/2/18 which is a Sunday. I assume we need to set up on 8/1/18, I have not received any publication in regards to additional information.
- Also, does anyone have Mary Janes company number so I can ask about parking/camping in my motor home on her property. Thanks
Cody Frye
GPAA Member
Tnprospecting.com

coker creek gold fields

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
Hi Cody there is going to be some camping on the property for the expedition

Cody

• Board_Of_Directors
    • Tn Prospecting
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »
Would i be able to get a 32ft motorhome in. Not a camper, a motorhome.
Cody Frye
GPAA Member
Tnprospecting.com

coker creek gold fields

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 10:39:29 AM »
Hey Cody I am going to email you my number

coker creek gold fields

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 10:57:15 AM »
Richard took some pictures it is under the power line and a grassy area that has been mowed are you going to be at the meeting.

Tom Twosocks

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 01:09:08 PM »
I drove our 24 foot Motor Home in and out. Weather was DRY.

Wet Weather I would not try it.

Tom

Cody

• Board_Of_Directors
    • Tn Prospecting
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »
I doubt it but will try to come
Cody Frye
GPAA Member
Tnprospecting.com

coker creek gold fields

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 02:21:06 PM »
Tom I do not think you drove your motor home on this property.

Tom Twosocks

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 02:26:00 PM »
Not sure who you are, but how would you know just where I did or did not drive my Motorhome?

coker creek gold fields

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 02:42:36 PM »
Because I own the property and no one has been on it in a about 100 years.

Cody

• Board_Of_Directors
    • Tn Prospecting
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 03:34:05 PM »
I cant wait! Think it will be a great event. At the same time, it has been prospecting in the past 100 years :)  8)
Cody Frye
GPAA Member
Tnprospecting.com

DGurley

• GPAA Member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 04:25:10 PM »
Don't want to start trouble but would like to know how the Diggers Expedition is going. Has anyone took any pictures of what is going on and the gold that has been found.

;D
David Gurley

skunkass

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 04:34:15 PM »
Don't want to start trouble but would like to know how the Diggers Expedition is going. Has anyone took any pictures of what is going on and the gold that has been found.

;D

Lol. I'm interested in see some pictures too!  ;)
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees......

Cody

• Board_Of_Directors
    • Tn Prospecting
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 10:36:01 PM »
I will post video I promise. Starts Sept. 1st. I will post pictures of the 100 years "untouched" property as well. All in all it should be amazing, just taking the time off from work to gold prospect will be worth it. I just hope there is a few flakes of gold left for us! See you all then!
Cody Frye
GPAA Member
Tnprospecting.com