Author Topic: Saturaday October 21, Cookout and Panning  (Read 419 times)

darylt01

• Chapter Treasurer 2017-2018
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
Saturaday October 21, Cookout and Panning
« on: October 20, 2017, 02:27:03 PM »
Ladies and Gentleman,

The day of the outing is upon us, I wanted to cover a couple of things before the event.

Currently we have a estimated 40 people who are going to be attending this event, if my head counting is correct.

We will be starting at our regular meeting time at 10.00 am at the Dining Hall on the Coker Creek Village Property, Lunch will be served around 12 to 1 PM.

After our meetings are done. Mary Lu will be setting the areas that we can pan in, just know, the last time I was there which was 2 weeks ago, the water level was very low.

She has approved the following devices in Class 1.  Pans and Classifiers, Number 2 Shovels, Compact Sluices 30" and under and the Nugget Bucket if you have one. NO REGULAR 5 GALLON BUCKETS.  If you have a small container to put your concentrates in, like 1-2 quarts, that will be OK.

NO digging in the banks at all, just stream beds, no wedging rocks or pry bars.

Coker Creek Village doing the cooking. Menu consist of BBQ Pork, French Fries, Baked Beans, Salad Bar, Drink Bar and Brownies with Ice Cream.

$15.00  is for the panning, that is for each individual person.
$10.00 total charge for the food and the Chapter will pay the $10.00 amount for food,  Remember the Member/Participant is responsible for the panning fee.

Panning Fee's will be paid to the Chapter Treasurer, and we will be cutting 1 check to Coker Creek Village, So see Daryl Thomas to pay your panning fee tomorrow, if possible have your membership card with you, if you are bringing guests I will need Names and Addresses on them the day of the event. You will be given a ticket for your panning fee, and we will have a special drawing at the end of the day.

Also, we have some really good items this month for Fund Raising.  Sluice, Blue Bowl, Swirl Pan, Easy Pan, Complete set of Classifiers, A large bag of Concentrates from Crissons, A quart bucket of Concentrates from Gold Show.

Note, Chip has loaned us some demo sluices to try out, I will have them as loaners for this event. Get with me if you would like to try one, but please remember to return them at the end of the day.

Good Luck and I Look Forward To Seeing Everyone Tomorrow. Many Blessings On Our Good Fortune.

Daryl Thomas
GPAA Coker Creek
Chapter Treasurer.

Jimmy Darrell Thomas
Blue Lightning Industries
darylt01@bellsouth.net
615-830-6990

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Saturaday October 21, Cookout and Panning
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 06:31:25 PM »
For those new to the area, Sat should be a beautiful day. In the mid 70s with no rain.

I will be bringing some gold pickers for sale if anyone is interested.
Prices vary but they run around $10.00 - $15.00 a vial depending on the size. Most vials contain 1 nice picker. Some contain 2.
I will also bring some gold to display. 
Chuck Pharis
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]