Author Topic: Oct 2017 chapter meeting, lunch and panning photos.  (Read 512 times)

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Oct 2017 chapter meeting, lunch and panning photos.
« on: October 22, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »
Well, we had a nice attendance for our last regular chapter meeting of 2017. The fund raiser surprised everyone with some really cool prospecting items and the Coker Creek Village cooks made us a great lunch. Then many went panning in the creek. We want to thank everyone who helped out. Also we welcomed some first time prospectors! We hope to see even a larger attendance at the Dec 2 Xmas Party. We will be in the dining hall at the Coker Creek Village. More information to come soon.
Enjoy the photos!
Chuck Pharis
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:29:00 PM by Chuck Pharis »
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Chuck Pharis

• Administrator
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Oct 2017 chapter meeting, lunch and panning photos.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 08:27:53 PM »
Photo set 2.
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.

Chuck Pharis

• Administrator
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 11:29:27 PM »
Most found tiny, tiny, tiny spider eyes. Too small to photograph. Including me.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis

darylt01

• Chapter Treasurer 2017-2018
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 11:51:20 PM »
Just a note on attendance, We had 42 in attendance and 33 that panned. Sean, Smokey and I were the last to leave, we stayed in the creek till the sun went down. then walked the creek to make sure we had all the holes filled in, and fleeced up any glass or garbage that might have been left. We met with Mary Lu before we left the property and she was happy with how everything went, with that being said, Her and I will be doing some discussions around working some details out to benefit the group down the road, fingers crossed. Our actions and respect of her land has went a long ways over this last year, I do believe this will PAN out to everyone's liking.
Jimmy Darrell Thomas
Blue Lightning Industries
darylt01@bellsouth.net
615-830-6990

hillbillygold

• Board_Of_Directors
  • Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • GPAA; WEGM;Board member;Chapter Secretary 2017
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 11:35:24 PM »
 And paid for it for 2 days with a chill to the bone that just would not go away but was worth the 10 pots of coffee to try... :). we had a great meeting, great show of attendance, and all that I talked to had a good time in the creek. A couple of groups found some pretty nice gold for the area. Smokey and I didn't get a lot but we found some... a few" spider eyes " but we also had 2 or 3 Bumble Bee eyes pieces too  ;D ;D ;D. All in all it was a great day And to add to Daryls post ... thanks to all that did attend and participate. That was the first time I had to get to talk with miss Mary Lu other than saying hi and thank you... and she seemed overall very pleased with the way everyone conducted themselves and that is something we need to keep doing as a group on her property and any others that allow us the use of their land...it will get us a long way in our adventures