Author Topic: Looking for crevice tools  (Read 325 times)

ABrooks

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
Looking for crevice tools
« on: May 25, 2018, 09:45:31 PM »
If any of you all have any crevice tools laying around I could use some. In particular I'm looking for a tool for scraping material out of the crevice, and I'm also looking for a prybar. If any of you all have any kind of tool like that reply and well talk on price.
Thanks
Austin (AKA The Gold Hound)

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Looking for crevice tools
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 09:28:47 AM »
I made mine from hand gardening tools bought at Home Depot. Very cheap to buy and they last forever.
Buy a 3 prong hand rake and cut iff the outer 2 prongs. I ground down the center prong to make it thinner to get in crevices better. Then I cut the sides off a metal hand garden trowl. I now havd a thin long hand scoop to brush dirt into from cracks.
Chuck
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

Woodspirit

• Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 03:32:11 PM »
Walmart sells one pry bar for $9.99
Harbor Freight has an assortment of sizes
Here is an assortment of pry bars for $9.99
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/project-pro-3-piece-pry-bar-set-tw1911-1911/25988991-p?c3nid=25988991-P&c3ch=PLA&adtype=pla_with_promotion&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_9-IwYqk2wIVB5-fCh0hHAmOEAQYAiABEgJ_wPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
You will also need a hammer to assist the pry bar.

Go to Home Depot and purchase a length of Cold Rolled Round Rod.
They have it in different sizes. Bent one end to make a handle and shape the other end to fit your need.
Sharp, hooked, V-shaped, Flat, etc.

Take care

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 05:38:28 PM »
This is for new members. The use of "pry bars" might not be allowed in some areas of Tennessee. Please read the rules for the County where you plan to prospect before using pry bars or other tools.
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]

ABrooks

• Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 03:07:51 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestion guys. I'm looking forward to getting back out soon. The nugget creek is calling my name and I want to be ready for bedrock gold. lol 
Austin (AKA The Gold Hound)