Author Topic: Fall Gold Festival  (Read 100 times)

darylt01

• Chapter Treasurer 2017-2018
  • Full Member: 100 to 249 posts
Fall Gold Festival
« on: June 03, 2018, 10:44:42 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I wanna start a discussion about the Coker Creek 50th Annual Autumn Gold Festival. October 13th and 14th.

We have a great opportunity to do this up right, we will be having a panning booth, The booth sizes are 15 x 15 feet.

My thoughts on this are as follows, I believe we should get 2 spots. Mary Jane told me that since we are doing a demo, that there is no charge for the booth.

I am not sure if they will let us have 2 booths at no charge, but the cost of 2 booths is only 70.00.

Its my thoughts that we should not just do panning, but also set up some of our equipment that we are getting from our points order.

Maybe even have a little section for metal detecting demo.

I am also going to throw this out there. I think we should do 2 raffle its, a rather large nugget and this money go to the school, and a Gold Cube for the chapter.

I also think we should prep some dirt, that we could sale. Maybe even run to Georgia and get a few scoops. Taz told me that its around 180.00 for 2 scoops, and he recovered about 125.00 to 140.00 in gold from it. We could do 10lb and 20lb bags and sale them at a much higher price. I don't think we will be able to sale mining equipment at the show, because it has to be hand crafted, which the gold bags would be.

We could also pitch panning experiences for festival people who would like to go get dirty and experience it first hand.

I have been penciling this idea down now for a while, and I feel this actually might be the better way we can make a big dent in relationships with the community.

Might see if Brian would want to work a booth with us, or even Chip, to help promote the GPAA, and sale some new memberships.

I need as much input from everyone that I can get, I also need VOLUNTEERS for those 2 days, we will have to have several.

So shoot your ideas to this thread, and be candid.

Daryl Thomas
Jimmy Darrell Thomas
Blue Lightning Industries
darylt01@bellsouth.net
615-830-6990

hillbillygold

• Board_Of_Directors
  • Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • GPAA; WEGM;Board member;Chapter Secretary 2017
Re: Fall Gold Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »
It all sounds good to me Daryl. Sorry Smoky and I didn't get down for Memorial day weekend. We had intentions on coming down but work and personal matters just didn't want to work together.

Chuck Pharis

• Ex President. Now Board Member
  • Administrator
  • One foot in the grave. 1750 to 1,999 posts
  • Please do not text me. I do not use text.
    • Chuck Pharis Video
Re: Fall Gold Festival
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 11:21:09 PM »
All sounds great. If i am in town, I will try to be there both days. Sorry I have been absent for the past 2 months. Just swamped. Hope to see everyone at the June meeting.
The gold at Crissin is always good for panning.
Chuck Pharis
Chuck Pharis
East Tennessee Coker Creek GPAA Chapter President (June 19, 2010 to June 20, 2015)  Member of the Board Of Directors.
GPAA Lifetime member, Former LDMA[/size]