Author Topic: August Meeting of Coker Creek GPAA  (Read 708 times)

hillbillygold

• Board_Of_Directors
  • Sr. Member: 250 to 499 posts
  • GPAA member,WEGM member,board member,chapt. sec.
August Meeting of Coker Creek GPAA
« on: September 01, 2018, 12:46:57 AM »
     Our meeting for the month of August was held on Saturday August 18 (sorry for the late post-been working a lot lately) and started at approximately at 10:22 a.m. We had 17 adult members/guest attend and 1 child.
     The meeting started with chapter president ProspectorAl welcoming everyone back, Pledge of allegiance, and invocation. Then a financial report from chapter secretary Daryl (1) ??. 1) cash box has approximately $250 - plus temporarily $300 that was allocated for the rescheduled outing. Sorry ? missed the exact amount of checking account but I know it was $11,000 + which included another near $300 from sales at the Coker Creek welcome center.
     Tickets were offered for sale for the Ga. gold show which was canceled from what im seeing in the post.
     The Treasure Valley outing was rescheduled due to weather and is at the moment scheduled for Nov. 9th with the chapter still sponsoring a portion of the event. Don't let the late season scare you off ? from past attendance the days are usually great but the temp. does drop at night so come prepared. We also discussed a possible trip to Franklin N.C. for some gem hunting.... anyone still interested???
      If anyone has some free time this weekend - stop in and lend a hand/visit - we need volunteers for the Labor Day festivities in Coker Creek. We will also need volunteers for the upcoming local gold festival in Oct. on the 13th and 14th at the Coker Creek school from 10-5.
       Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are being planned at the Coker Creek Village. No confirmed dates for either that im aware of but im sure that will be covered in our next monthly meeting on Sat. Sept. 15th at the Coker Creek village.
      I believe I covered all that was discussed at the meeting .. if I missed anything I apologize. Thanks to all that attended and hope to see you all at the next chapter meeting.